I have a question for CHE users. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:43 AM   #1
Randall Turner
I have a question for CHE users.

So back story, I've kept reptiles dating back to the 80s with animals requiring more husbandry requirements starting in the early 90s. In all of this time I've never used ceramic heat emitters. I've used radiant heat panels (my favorite heating source) heat tape, heat cable and incandescent bulbs. I recently picked up a vision 332 and since it has the built in heat dome partition I decided to pick up a che and see how it does. I ordered a ceramic socket light shroud and a 50 watt che... The surface temp reaches around 600 degrees from the time I had it plugged in testing it. This just seems disconcerting to me. I'd like to get some assurance from those who've used them that it's not a big deal and safe.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
Randall Turner
I ran some tests with the che and have decided I'm going to stick with what I'm comfortable with and just put a radiant heat panel in it. The enclosed espect of the CHE just made everything around it uncomfortably warm for my tastes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!