Normal weight gain? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-05-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
A_Kendergirl
Normal weight gain?

These are my first leos, so I have nothing to compare with. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly how old they are, but my best guess is that they are around 6 - 7 months old.

When I got Gilean, he was just 9g....and now he's 56g! That's 47g in just under 4 months....is that normal? He's still got that lanky look the juvies have while growing, so I think he's going to get bigger/longer. I wonder how much. Right now he is at LEAST 8" long...maybe getting close to 9". I do wish I knew for sure how old he is.

So what do you guys think? Is he normal, or do you think he's going to be a big boy? He's not a giant...I know that for sure.

Old 06-05-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
CoolGecko
Sometime, males grows quicker due to horonmes and weight is very good and that meant you fed it well. He will be a huge male.

Old 06-05-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
leaftail
He's going to be a big boy, for sure. Well, he already is Yes it sounds normal and very healthy, for a male that's going to be large. I've seen that lanky look in juvies, where you feed them and feed them and they eat tons and it all goes to length for a while. It's like teenage boys who shoot up to 6'5" overnight and look like bean poles! Then after they get their length (er, height) they start filling out.

Old 06-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
Yep sounds like he will just be a BIG boy when he is an adult, you've done an awesome job with him!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!