I'M BOYCOTTING NAPLES ZOO - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Tiger Lilly
Stop! I'M BOYCOTTING NAPLES ZOO

And this is why:
I was planning on taking a trip to a zoo in the next week or so. I like to visit zoos and state parks to take photos now & then. So...I'm on on-line, checking out the Florida zoos. Been to Lowery Park in Tampa a few times, been to Central Florida Zoo in Sanford, so I'm thinking about checking out the Naples Zoo.
I'm checking out the website, it's looking good, I'm liking what I see...then I get to this page:

http://www.caribbeangardens.com/Visi...igatorbay.html

I'm scrolling down the page, checking out the pictures, doing some reading...and then I see this photo, which, in itself is not adorable by any means...

Attachment 83813

but it's the caption that made my blood boil:

"Burmese pythons don't make good pets. So many former pets have been released they are believed to be reproducing in the Everglades. This unlucky python finds itself in the jaws of an alligator where it was photographed by Mike Mercier."

So, join me, if you will, in getting the word out about this zoo. Don't just tell all your reptile friends, TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS! Post it on other forums if you feel as strongly as I do about this!

I am going to give it a few days to see how much interest this thread generates, then I'm going to e-mail them with a link to it.
I think they need to know how irresponsible that one little statement is!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Seamus Haley
I'm boycotting Troi Lilly.

Just so you know, I won't be visiting until you take down your... this thread!

So people, join me if you will in getting your word out about this nonsensical double post! Don't just tell your reptile friends, tell ALL your friends! Don't post it on other forums though, that would be silly.

I'm going to give it a few days to see how much interest this thread generates and then I'm going to email her a link back to it. I think she needs to know how irresponsible her one little crusade is!

Old 07-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
Tiger Lilly
Seamus,
GOOD FOR YOU! If you feel that passionate about it, I say GO FOR IT!
And just so you know, before I read your post, I had already decided that it may have been a bit of over kill to post it twice...so I was going to ask that this one be removed.
But just so you know, YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!
Other people are capable of coming to intelligent conclusions without your help...
Thanks for your input!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
hhmoore
Since there is already an active thread (with the same title) in the Sound Off forum, I'm closing this one. To get to the other thread, click here

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread