BAD GUY JASEN SHAW GLOBAL EXOTICS ARLINGTON TX - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #21
kmurphy
Quote:
sounds to me like they needed the money for christmas because other money that could have gone towards christmas ended up going towards the surgery one child just had.
Actually Mandy I hadn't read it that way the first time so thanks for pointing it out to me. I apologize to the OP if my post appeared to be heartless. It still think though, if money is tight, Christmas presents aren't a necessity and the bad guy post was a little premature.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #22
kmurphy
Quote:
That is incorrect. Wired funds initiated on Monday are almost invariably available on Tuesday (next business day). A delay is rare. A holiday would add one day at most
I am in the mortgage business and often funds are wired to the attorney's office during the closing and available that day. This may be because the funds are being wired from a lending instituation but the point is that the funds can become available fairly quickly.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #23
usglobalexotics
Other side of the story from US Global

Just so everyone knows the flip side.
Yes I made a mistake on the money order. It was written to Clint Clifford not Chuck Clifford. I sent it DHL the same day he sent the animals. He called the next day and said wrong name. I said my mistake return and I will re send Saturday. Saturday came along and I did not get it done before the bank closed. Anyway two strikes. Agreed. The conversation went "I will wire transfer you on Monday", Chuck agreed that would be OK. He did not insist on Saturday or anything like that so I thought Monday was the solution.
He called me Monday morning and he told me someone bounced checks on him so his account was in the red and therefore did not want the wire transfer to take place because he would not be able to get the cash as his account was in overdraft. For me it was the best way to resolve fast as I had plenty to do Monday myself. It would have taken me just 10 minutes to pay him this way and avoid all this front page news! The key is this, he refused my bona fide offer for a morning wire transfer. Wire transfers are same day money, not next day. I get them all the time and send them all the time. Domestic transfers are same day in all my experiences.

So conclusion is that I had my day planned already but the only way to send the money was WU to help Chuck - it was a nightmare to do as banks are closed blah blah... but he was paid on Monday as agreed. End of story.

Merry Christmas to you all.
Cheers
US Global Exotics Inc.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:31 PM   #24
Suncoast Herpetological
I notice that Chuck left out the part about being overdrawn in his OP. I have to say that this thread seems to have been definitely premature. It sounds like the buyer made every effort to correct the situation.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #25
Wilomn
My bank was open on Monday. There are hundreds of places that are Western Union affiliates, liquor stores, check cashing establishments, and of course Western Union itself.

I'm glad it gone taken care of but it should have been smoother.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #26
crotalusadamanteus
Some banks just plain SUCk when it comes to funds availability. I know my bank says "next business day" But if I deposit check, cash or wire transfer on Friday, it is not available until midnight Monday, which is basically Tuesday. Not the next business day IMO since they do bank on Saturday as well, and it still ain't available Monday either.

I'm looking into another bank. LOL

Back on topic. I'd have to agree this was a bit premature for an actual "bad guy" post. He did make an effort to get you the money, and you by your own admission declined the method he offered. Sorta makes the delay your fault as much as his.

Rick

Old 12-25-2007, 05:14 PM   #27
Otter_23
I agree that this was posted way too soon. It doesn't sound like he held your money for months, weeks or even several days. He made a mistake and didn't follow through on one day but he did seem to be trying to get it taken care of. Running to the BOI after one day is jumping the gun especially this time of year, everyone is busy. I think labeling him a bad guy is poor at best.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #28
Otter_23
I agree that this was posted way too soon. It doesn't sound like he held your money for months or weeks. He made a mistake and didn't follow through on one day but he did seem to be trying to get it taken care of. Running to the BOI after one day is jumping the gun especially this time of year, everyone is busy. I think labeling him a bad guy is poor at best.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #29
Otter_23
Sorry I see it took a few days for the money order, still don't see him as a bad guy.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #30
allthatslithers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop
Hahahaha......Whah Whah....my kids wont get a super duper 60" HD Super
charger.....Your margines are little thin..

Northrop..I'm sure you hear this alot...but pi$$ off. Period.
I am not whining because my children didn't get a Wii. our youngest has very severe medical issues that I don't care to discuss on a public forum. He had surgery the 18th. we have all had an exhausting year financially,emotionally and our kids deserve some reprieve. Jasen agreed to have payment in our hands by Saturday knowing when/ why we needed it, and didn't keep his word. Yes he did finally pay and it is appreciated.

chuck clifford

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!