BAD GUY JASEN SHAW GLOBAL EXOTICS ARLINGTON TX - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:00 PM   #31
allthatslithers
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecheese
Wow!!! I do feel for you man! However I do have to say in the 4 years I have been dealing with Mr. Shaw and His wife I have nothing but positive things to say. I have both sold animals to Us Global as well as purchased them ranging from small quantities to massive orders. I have always been able to reach them either on his personal or the work line, and if for any reason was not able to speak with Jasen I was given a return call or an email right back.

I have been in this business for 20 years and one of the things that stand out from the rest is the quality animals that they supply in my point of view. I know first hand of the shady scammers out there! I have been worked so to speak many times and have really paid the price on some of them. You run that risk doing business with anyone! But a shady person or scammer Jasen is NOT, I would take offence too if someone was slandering me as well!! I have no tolerance for that behavior! I do know that buy running a large business that it can become rather hard to get everything done when it is wanted to especially around the holidays, but rather do your best and be upfront with your clients and accidents and mistakes do happen it is human nature. I know what it is like to come up short in the holidays but material positions are not always what it is about in my opinion.... So to give my two freaking cents I will continue doing business with USGLOBAL EXOTICS and dismiss these situations.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
show me where I "slandered" him

Old 12-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #32
allthatslithers
Ok trying to remember to address everyone here.
I had a bad experience with Jasen and would not personally recommend business with him, nor do I care if he would buy from us again. I have no desire to conduct business with Global Exotics again. No offense. Secondly my bank account is not overdrawn, nor am I in the red. I had another wholesaler out of CA bounce a check to me, and with other posts made I really have no desire to pass out my routing and account number. I do believe that's my right. Further, my bank Wachovia advised a wire transfer would take 3-5 days we are also charged to accept them. Their number is 1-800-Wachovia if you'd like to call and ask. My agents name was Cody. I do believe it is not unfair to request payment in specific methods for convenience. Our bank also closed at 2pm our time. At which time Mr. Shaw was who knows where.
Jasen I have all emails I sent you saved. On the phone we very much stressed Saturday and you agreed. Period. Why else would we moments after recieving your DHL payment drive into Charleston to return it to you? Because supposedly if we got it immediately back out to you you would resend on time for holidays-Saturday arrival. I am not slandering anyone or being a jerk. There is nothing untruthful. Payment was bumbled, promised and not delivered then we were given a run around. Mr. and Mrs. Shaw screamed over the telephone. I'm sorry if you find me in the wrong for posting this or care to question my checking account, call me a dirtass for needing money at Christmas time..whatever. the fact of the matter is..I think people myself included have the right to know these things in advance. And yes..it should be an issue anytime of the year to be honest- when someone has nearly 2k worth of your product. We do have careers, we were not relying on this alone but would certainly not spent the amount of time and effort on Mr. Shaw's order until after Christmas had we known. Yes, our son has serious serious medical issues. If you would like to discuss them with me, feel free and message me however it's really not something I care to get into on a forum.
Whether or not you approve or think I "jumped the gun" it was still an unpleasant experience all around. I am sure people have great transactions with Mr. Shaw everyday. I am not one of them. Jasen-your amended invoices are going out tomorrow I believe they are as requested. If you have any issues with them feel free to email.
chuck clifford

Old 12-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #33
allthatslithers
snakeman101172-if we hadn't made this deal with Jasen there were other buyers lined up that we have done business with many times without issue.
chuck

Old 12-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #34
Otter_23
Charles for me the point is you may have had an unpleasant experience with this transaction and choose not to do business with this guy again but is he really a "bad" guy. Being labeled a "bad" guy in this industry to me means cheated, lied, sold sick animals etc... He made a mistake with the name and was a few days late with payment, perhaps he isn't the most reliable or on top of things business man which may hurt him but I don't think it warrants being labeled a "bad" guy in this industry.

For example if you go to a restaurant and the food is slow coming out when you are in a hurry, it sucks and puts you in bad mood but is that restaurant now added to your list as to never go to again? For some maybe but for most if the food was decent and the price was decent they would just know not to go there when in a hurry. If the food was horrible way over priced, waitress rude and they stole your money then I would see that as a place to never go to and would deem it "bad".

Old 12-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #35
snakeman101172
if misprinting your name would cause this type of response I would never buy again. your bounced checks are not globals problem. but it sounds that if they wired the money it would have been used to settle your outstanding debt and not be used as you wish. I wonder if your bank attacks you in this manner ? I wish you and your family the best this coming year.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #36
snakeman101172
not knocking you for any reason. maybe you should have stuck to those other buyers that have already proven themselves to you. I feel for your situation but have to agree that this does not make him a bad guy so to speak. he very much could have made you more of a priority if he knew of your situation. all around you held up your end of the deal and he slacked. try to be thankful you received payment. some never bother once they have your animals. again I wish you and your family the best in the new year. and if this deal left you sour then by all means don't do it again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!