My False water cobra collection - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #31
reticguy76
have there been any super hypos x super hypos breedings.

couple good looking animals, gotta expect them to be almost patternless, if not totally patternless

i cant wait to try my pair this year. im really wanting to come across a nice super hypo (or even nice clean hypo) at some point

Old 09-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #32
spidey
Thumbs up Second clutch from female!

Hey all,

Here is the second clutch Bob produced this year. Way to go Bob!
I was lucky enough to hatch them out for him.
Name:  DSC_0214.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  178.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0215.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  177.8 KB

MOTHER Shes a nice Normal

Name:  bobs female.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  158.3 KB

FATHER Hes a high Yellow Hypo

Name:  bobs high yellow hypo male.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  148.9 KB

These beauties just started hatching over the past weekend.

We are going to pair the high yellow hypo male with my super hypo female this coming season. FWC lovers...get yourself ready for those!
Thats if Bob and I dont keep them all!!

YOU KNOW YOU WANT SOME!!

Old 12-03-2011, 02:13 AM   #33
iiicroweiii
I love this thread!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #34
Vic Herrick
FWC's, what's in the name?

Dear Jay,

I have long been interested in this Genus and someday I would like to work with them. I hear the feeding response is so intense it is amazing, even more so than Drymarchon (indigos/cribos). Is that true?

False Water cobra...? Do they hood up like real cobras (Naja?) Do yours ever hood up? Maybe that is only with wild caught nervous ones?

cool snakes, I will go check out your posts of YT. Thanks for posting, Vic

Old 01-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #35
bigdogg
I have a captive born and bred pair. Hypo Male produced from 2 complete normals and a Het Hypo female. Both are crazy ridiculous feeders. And both hood up all the time. They don't stand up like a cobra but they hood and cruise around. Female is nippy but male hasn't been bad unless I disturb him while breeding.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #36
Vic Herrick
FWC...what's in the name?

thanks for the response...I viewed some YT footage and I saw what enthusiastic feeders they are, also some hooding behavior. I also see some hooding in the juveniles that Spidey posted. Interesting behavior...they look like fun but are not for everybody. They seem to be popular with experienced keepers, and rightfully so, a 6 or 7 foot wild and crazy feeding response and mildly venomous snake is a challenging handfull at times. I look forward to working with them, everyone I have spoken to with them enjoys them. Good luck, Vic

Old 01-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #37
nine0proof
All around awesome snakes! Id recommend them to anyone interested in them that has the space to house them. I keep my adults it 4x2 enclosers. They are very smart snakes, and they love to eat!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
reticguy76
my female has refused food the last month or so offered. she is in with my male. hopefully see some ovulation and such soon. ive never seen them lock, so hopin they get freaky at night or something. i love these snakes a lot

Old 01-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #39
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
my female has refused food the last month or so offered. she is in with my male. hopefully see some ovulation and such soon. ive never seen them lock, so hopin they get freaky at night or something. i love these snakes a lot
I had to cool them into the low 60's to get them breeding.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
reticguy76
oh wow. i heard the temps had to drop some, didnt realize that low

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!