Dave Powell of Coluboids: Bad Guy! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #41
Behmfamily
Backpedaling, I don't think so. I will do business with Dave, under my terms. I have no problems with either of you questioning my posts. I just don't see it your way. I haven't enabled Dave to screw anyone. This whole thread speaks to Dave Powell. Do you really believe that by not purchasing his Loxocemus, I would have protected the innocent. Come on. Its the total dialogue, not a single post that settles anything.

In fact,I think that my post was instructive in dealing with most suppliers. Unfortunately, they won't send animals on an "approval" basis because they're concerned about getting screwed. I didn't know Dave before last week. He was trusting enough to send me the animals and it worked out for both of us.

On my posts regarding AJ, if someone posted a positive experience, that's fine. I wouldn't have had a problem and neither should you. My posts stand as is.

Mitch

Old 01-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #42
lefty_mussolini
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Have you tried posting a link to this thread in his ad?

Regards.
I would have, but all of the ads that I had seen him post were on KS before yesterday, so no comments. I did file a complaint with KS about Dave, since that was where I saw the original ad, but that did nothing.
Today I was going to post a link to this thread on Dave's ad here on fauna, but it seems that Dennis was on top of it... Thanks for that Dennis

And yet, still nothing in my inbox from Dave.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #43
Behmfamily
Jim F.,

As the keeper of the righteous flame, let's try an experiment. I would like you to send me a well-established neonate, male Sambava for my collection. If its of the high quality that you represent on your website, I'll pay you by Western Union within 15 minutes of receipt. I'm curious as to your packaging and service quality.

If anyone else would like to sell me something under my terms, email me at your leisure.

Mitch

Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #44
Wilomn
While I have no personal liking for jim f. I will unequivicolly say he has excellent animals and that as far as I am concerned he has NO need to prove that to you or anyone else.

Unlike david, jim f. does not send sick or close to being dead animals and IF one he sent were to die, I am sure that upon proof of death, he would do something other than ignore the buyer.

Nice try mitch, but WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY off base.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #45
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behmfamily
Backpedaling, I don't think so. I will do business with Dave, under my terms.
Mitch, this is not what you said. Re-read your initial post, the one before you started "explaining". If no one had called you on it, then it would have been a "ringing endorsement". More backpedaling. Don't see it that way? It doesn't matter. Most people are not objective about themselves and you are evidently not exceptional in that regard.

Quote:
In fact,I think that my post was instructive in dealing with most suppliers.
Give yourself a big pat on the back, Mitch. None of us have ever considered or done the same. Good thing you explained it all to us.

Quote:
I haven't enabled Dave to screw anyone.
Perhaps not, but imagine if you had, in your numerous contacts with Dave told him that you would only buy from him if he made Trevor whole. What then? I think a lot of people here would say just that to AJ regarding you in that situation. Think about it.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #46
Chameleon Company
Mitch,

Quote:
As the keeper of the righteous flame, let's try an experiment. I would like you to send me a well-established neonate, male Sambava for my collection. If its of the high quality that you represent on your website, I'll pay you by Western Union within 15 minutes of receipt. I'm curious as to your packaging and service quality.
Thank you for the offer to buy, but I don't send anything on approval until you are an established customer. I have neonate Sambavas, BTW. I have a good guarantee. I have happy customers, and have been proven to honor my TOS. Whether Dave filled your deal perfectly is not the issue.

Mitch, I had no problem with when you came back, after your first post, and outlined the special care you took in dealing with David, getting your critters on approval. Outside of supporting someone with a shaded reputation, you took the risk out of your deal. David must have been a tad desperate, just as I am not. But without the clarification of how you dealt with him, your original post was an endosement to all who read it, even if not seen that way by the author. Call it a lesson learned, but the next time you want to post a non-endorsing endorsement, can you get a second opinion on the wording before you send it ? What I saw were contradictions as your posts progressed. I was wondring if they were contradictions, or just an "evolution". Often too, we don't write here just to communicate with another party, but for others who read here to share the flame that we keep !

3 month old Sambava's. Male (8") or female (7"). $200 plus shipping. Paid in advance.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #47
Behmfamily
Jim,

Evolution is a better wording, I was provided feedback. Now, let's talk about your evolution. I purchase at least 10 animals a week for my personal collection. I don't know either you or Dave. Dave sent me $450 worth of animals based upon my reputation and he was satisfied. You choose not to. What does this say about either of you; nothing. Hence, my point about the effect of my posts.

Please explain to me what risk you see in sending me one Sambava. I didn't negotiate the price and my payment history is perfect. Do you feel that I would screw you for $250? I could easily buy your whole operation, along with your home and the land its on. In fact, I could probably buy every house on your street. From my point of view, review my initial post. AND, don't backpedal.

Mitch

Old 01-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #48
Wilomn
Quote:
Jim,

Evolution is a better wording, I was provided feedback. Now, let's talk about your evolution. I purchase at least 10 animals a week for my personal collection. I don't know either you or Dave. Dave sent me $450 worth of animals based upon my reputation and he was satisfied. You choose not to. What does this say about either of you; nothing. Hence, my point about the effect of my posts.

Please explain to me what risk you see in sending me one Sambava. I didn't negotiate the price and my payment history is perfect. Do you feel that I would screw you for $250? I could easily buy your whole operation, along with your home and the land its on. In fact, I could probably buy every house on your street. From my point of view, review my initial post. AND, don't backpedal.

Mitch
Money, even lots of it, doesn't change the fact that while you didn't really do anything wrong, you could have done things better in regaurds to paowell.

Since you are now throwing around, slapping in ones face more like, the fact that you have more money than god, why don't YOU reimburse Lefty?

Not only charitable but a damn nice thing to do.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #49
Behmfamily
Jim O.,

Now that Jim F. has evolved, how about you. What are you willing to sell? Lets test your righteousness. You must have something to sell. Same offer as Jim F.'s.

Trevor,

What was the dollar value of your loss?

Mitch

Old 01-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #50
Jim O
Quote:
Jim O.,

Now that Jim F. has evolved, how about you. What are you willing to sell? Lets test your righteousness. You must have something to sell. Same offer as Jim F.'s.
A bridge across the East River in NY, in fact I have four of them, the Brooklyn, Williamsburg, Manhattan, and Queensboro (59th Street) Bridges. Make an offer.

Actually, you are so wealthy, check me out and make an offer on all of my real estate holdings in Virginia (except my residence, I like it here). I'll be happy to take full value offers on them and convey via POA using the closing agent of your choice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!