Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 103 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #1021
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
I stand by my posts in this thread. Ty solicited people, not an organization. Ty promised the prize. Again, this is Ty's puppy. Any legit judge will see it. His original ad/solicitation is enough to see that he is solely responsible. For all of you uninformed minions who love Ty, you're weak. Ask him to help pay your rent or electric bill. What Ty did here shows me what a narcissisic, power hungry celebrity would do to those less fortunate that lack the worship he needs. Fill that void Ty. It won't last long.
It is a pattern with the big names in all hobbies. They hide behind their so called fame, and think they are untouchable and will be fine. News flash, you are nothing special and unless you are banking MILLIONS, you are EASILY touchable in court.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #1022
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really View Post
nonprofit conservation organization
It was their raffle, they received the $ directly from the participants, they are legally responsible for making sure that the advertised prize is awarded.
Ty in inextricably part of this debacle also, putting the IRCF in the position they are currently in by refusing to award the advertised prize.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #1023
Black Adder
It is actually refreshing to see one of Parks supporters at least have the courage to come here and make a statement, kudos to you for that Susan.
Pity Park himself cannot find it in him to do the same....

Old 03-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #1024
Herpin Man
@ Really

Quote:
Actually, Chris Kennard, Ty HAS been known to pay people's bills or help with medical or vet expenses for various people in the reptile community who have run into trouble one way or another. I know this to be an absolute FACT, because not only do I know people he has helped, he helped my family personally when my husband was dying of cancer. That says A LOT for his character.

As for the character of this woman, given that she is now going after a nonprofit conservation organization, that says a lot for HER character as well.
It's great that Ty has helped people in the herp community. Nothing wrong with that- in fact it's highly commendable. But, that does not, and should not, absolve him of his obligation of awarding the prize that was rightfully won in a raffle that he operated. The perceptions of his character will be, or should be, based on that as well.
Likewise, that a conservation organization is non-profit does not (and should not) absolve it of liability or obligation, if any, in matters such as this. When there are legal issues like this, it is common and expected for plaintiffs to "go after" all parties which may be involved. Doing so as a matter of protecting ones own rights can hardly be considered a character flaw, at least by most reasonable people.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:04 PM   #1025
DavidBeard
Quote:
Actually, Chris Kennard, Ty HAS been known to pay people's bills or help with medical or vet expenses for various people in the reptile community who have run into trouble one way or another. I know this to be an absolute FACT, because not only do I know people he has helped, he helped my family personally when my husband was dying of cancer. That says A LOT for his character.

As for the character of this woman, given that she is now going after a nonprofit conservation organization, that says a lot for HER character as well.
That's a lovely story and all, but I say prove it. Based on Ty's behavior and his apparent greed I would love to see empirical evidence because I, quite honestly, don't believe it.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #1026
Sugarhedgie
That was nice of ty to donate $1000

Here are the
FL gaming laws 849.0935
Section 4 (b), (c) and (f)
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #1027
Black Adder
All it now looks like to me is that Park is doing this purely for malicious spite and has dug himself in deep.
He just gave away 1/3 of what it would have cost to have made all of this go away.
Hope he explains that to the judge and the ircf.
Pride cometh before a fall
What a star...........

This does not show him to be the charitable person he wishes and expects all his followers to perceive him as after that act but a vicious , vindictive self styled mogul who has the money to try and play games.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #1028
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
All it now looks like to me is that Park is doing this purely for malicious spite and has dug himself in deep.
He just gave away 1/3 of what it would have cost to have made all of this go away.
Hope he explains that to the judge and the ircf.
Pride cometh before a fall
What a star...........

This does not show him to be the charitable person he wishes and expects all his followers to perceive him as after that act but a vicious , vindictive self styled mogul who has the money to try and play games.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #1029
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
That's a lovely story and all, but I say prove it. Based on Ty's behavior and his apparent greed I would love to see empirical evidence because I, quite honestly, don't believe it.
David, I am sure Ty has done good deeds for people. But the real measure of a man, as has been said many times here, is how he behaves when there is a challenge or an issue, not how he behaves when everything is going right.

He grabbed the expensive hatchlings for himself, that was greedy. And once that action was questioned, he kept on compounding the problem, and now the IRCF's reputation is on the line because they too, did not see to it, as they should have, that Michelle got the advertised prize.

I'm sure they do good deeds too. That does not change the fact that both Ty and the IRCF dropped the ball when it came to handling this raffle, and now they are suffering increased adverse publicity for their own actions.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #1030
tlmoon
Ty seems to think that money makes him a good guy. Notice how he has to make a public show of donating more money. Why is that he does not value good human character? What is that worth?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu