Housins Female Dragons Together - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-19-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
Dragon Cocktails
Housins Female Dragons Together

I have seen people house like 4 and 5 females together in BIG tanks and they do just fine. I have 2 females housed together now. Doing great, been together about 2 years now. 1 is like 430 grams the other is 470. I have a friend that has a 2 year old female for sale. She is calm and likes to be played with and does fine with other dragons. She is 720 grams. Do you think there is going to be a problem putting her with the other 2 girls? Or do you think she is to big?

Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
bullfrog100000
Wow... that's a BIG dragon. Don't know the answer to your question however. I know if they are babies there is the food competition thing.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
monkeywrench133
Hard to say.

It might be a problem, it might not. I'd try introducing her slowly though. Put them together for short periods at first so they can get used to each other. Then as they get more comfortable, leave her in longer. But be ready to seperate them quickly if problems arise.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #4
bullfrog100000
Big giz...

Well,,,,, also food competition w/ adult groups ,, of several types of lizards.
So will there be any pictures of this huge creature? G..

Old 09-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Personally, putting too many large females in together poses a decent risk of dominance even from females. If they are used to being housed alone, I wouldn't chance it. If they grew up together, then, they are usually less apt to have problems.
Always be ready to separate so you will need to have another tank sitting around in case of problems. If housing 2 large female dragons, the tank should be at least a 150 gallon for comfort, but preferably larger than that.
Pics would be great!

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!