Bad Guy BEWARE OF RANDY MCDOWELL.. AKA THE SNAK SHOP. LAS VEGAS NAVADA - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #31
SPJ
Payment was for a live animal. Paypal will do nothing to recoup any money on this deal.
The seller has a ton of ads on Fauna right now. Hopefully he will respond and explain what he is going to do to make this right.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #32
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodmanley View Post
Other than these issues, the snake seemed healthy, no mites... no infection... It ate on May 3rd and deficated on May 8th. On May 12th while doing my routine checks on everyone.. I noticed that the biak was in shed and I began to apply "shed-ease" to help her through her shed. While I was applying it, it was apparent that she wasnt acting appropriately, she had a left to right head wobble and started to become very sluggish. I stopped right away to examine her and she slowly went limp in my hands to her death.
Isn't shed-ease supposed to be diluted substantially before use ? I think the snake is supposed to bathe in the diluted product, it is not supposed to be applied. I don't think I've used it, I just looked at the directions posted online.

Directions for Use:

Shake well before use.
Add 10ml of Shed-Ease to 16 ounces of lukewarm water. Soak reptile for 20 minutes to allow emollients to penetrate skin. Old skin should slip off easily.
If any old skin remains, gently rub to remove. Do not attempt to pull dry skin off of reptiles. Never leave soaking reptiles unattended.
For reptiles naturally found in high-humidity environments, soak for 10 minutes, once a week.
Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Aloe Vera, Salt, Glycerol, Potassium Sorbate, and Sodium Benzoate.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #33
Jrodmanley
I myself do dilute it. how ever the driectoins on the bottle sait says diffrent, it says to spray directly onto dry skin of your shedding snake,lizzard,rub into dry skin with fingers for maximum penetration. and for snakes with stuck eye caps, spray directly on eye(it will hurt reptiles eyes)
all took all this info right off the bottle and will post a pic of the bottle directions if anyone needs to see it.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
Reptilecam
This isnt the first RI and mite problem Ive heard of coming from the snake shop. I hope everything works out for you.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #35
CMB Reptiles
There is a spray form on the market that is already diluted and can be applied directly, however I do not see the relevance of this to what we are trying to figure out here. The question at hand is did a seller knowingly misrepresent and send sick animals.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #36
AbsoluteApril
Snake Shop, these are the guys that sell at the indoor swap meet correct?
Back in 2001 I met with the owners, at that time it was a man and his wife, I wholesaled them a litter of boas. They were nice but I didn't get a great feeling about the situation. Sorry I don't have their names handy. I met them at their house and didn't realize until later that their shop was at the swap meet. Last business I did with them.

I hope you are able to get a refund, it sounds like they want to work out a replacement deal... hoepfully you can both come to an agreement.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #37
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
TheSnake Shop:
Jord.....Ok, here's what I want you to do.....I'm going to send your GTP to you, providing you send the money owed on the GTP to Chad and Kara.....don't ask questions, just send them the money today..

I'm thinking this payment to a third party might complicate attempts to get a refund.
I understand what you are saying, my perspective is that the seller can refund the money out of his own pocket, since he's the cause of this mess; no need to contact PayPal.

The buyer can't be held responsible for how the seller spent his money, but it WAS foolish on his part to agree to such a set up. Apparently, he wasn't thinking about the "what ifs." it I'll say again...business can't be run on emotions. I'm not purchasing anything simply because I feel sorry for the seller, and at the same time, if I were purchasing something then I'm going to purchase the item, and the seller can do whatever he wants with his money...what's up with this "second-party" gift giving?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
Jrodmanley
TheSnakeShop.PNG
i was just message with this.. the $50 dollars i had put down on the coastal female, that i no longer wanted after these issues ill update again when i have the check and it is cleared.

but this is a start.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #39
Jrodmanley
Susan LewisJrod Manley

17 minutes ago ·

Jrod, I sent your check out to you on Monday. If you have not received it yet you should by tomorrow! Sue.

Like · · Unfollow Post · See Friendship.

Jrod Manley thank you. what was the dollar amount..?
16 minutes ago · Like.

Susan Lewis I refunded the $50.00 that you put down on your deposit.
14 minutes ago · Like.

Jrod Manley ok. Will randy be sendying the refund.. for the two gtps?
12 minutes ago · Like.

Susan Lewis Jrod, that is between you and Randy. Hope you two can work this out. Have to run bye.
10 minutes ago · Like.

Jrod Manley thank you sue. have a great day..!
9 minutes ago · Like.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #40
Untaimed
This is a pretty sucky situation, I really hope the seller mans up & makes things right for you. The business partner admitting that they were aware of the 1st snakes bad health is pretty sad, common sense says you don't sell a snake in bad health to anyone, but especially if you have not made the buyer aware of the condition. What's up with all the 'young man' comments? Is that just the way he talks, or is that just a passive aggressive digg at the OP?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!