Boa with a white spot the size of a soft ball - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #21
Mike Greathouse
Wilian,
There was a thread here in the boa forum some time ago about a boa with a similar issue. Do a search, (although I don't know what keywords will be effective), you may just have to browse through the forum.

But I believe it was about a young lady who had a boa that was essentially losing pigment with every shed. If you resurrect that post, you may find some answers.

You might also try a search on the forums at www.boaphile.com
I seem to remember a similar thread there some time ago as well.

Good luck.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #22
wdr12@earthlink.nt
That is not the same boa. But it does have a spot.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #23
kmurphy
Does that look like the same snake to you? Also, I take back my previous post as the new pic doesn't look like a scar.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #24
wdr12@earthlink.nt
Thanks Mike i will check that out.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #25
wdr12@earthlink.nt
Thanks Kevin for taking that back. No big deal When i fisrt saw he that is what i thought as well till i went to pick her up.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #26
The BoidSmith
Wilian,

If you don't mind take a picture of your boa in the same position as the one in the link; head included.

That's the only way that we will be able to compare markings and see if we are talking about the same animal or not. Remember that two years and several sheds have gone by in between pictures. But you may be right maybe it is a different boa.

Neil will be able to tell you if he sold two boas with a white spot around mid-body. Maybe you may get even lucky and be able to track the second one down and start a breeding group for this trait...

Good luck!

Old 12-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #27
wdr12@earthlink.nt
new picture

whole body picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture or Video 262.jpg (66.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Picture or Video 282.jpg (63.4 KB, 79 views)

Old 12-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #28
The BoidSmith
Wilian,

It's difficult to be able to determine if it's the same one if we don't see the saddles from the same angle as in the original picture. One way or the other is a nice looking snake! Hopefully you will soon hear from Neil and everything will be squared away.

Regards.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:23 PM   #29
ericfire
Question

if you notice the white mark directly to the right of the saddle wich is above the larger mark on the side
it indicates to me that this is the same snake
as well as the three darker portions in the middle of the main white mark appear to be in the same spots
of course im not a forensic scientist but
whats the concensus guys check it out?

Eric Naylor

Old 12-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #30
wdr12@earthlink.nt
This girl did go thru a Neil but not Neil Gubitz. but Neil Golli had her for a little while on consignment for a friend. I just got off the phone with Golli and he cleared up the origin issue. Golli sold her at the fire show in Orlando this year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!