New Cage - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-16-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
Arlow
New Cage

Ok Im new to Geckos deside to go with the Crested geckos so now I need a cage. Have decided to build my own cage as space is kind of a issue so was wondering if this size would work for a trio.3ft tall by 1ft deep by 3ft wide.Also it would wrap a round a corner so would be 1.5ft on one side turn corner and then the other 1.5 on other side.Also should it be wire or glass? Also do I need any heating ? I know they do find at room temp.And for lights do I need any? Thanks for the help

Old 08-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #2
Milwaukee Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlow
Ok Im new to Geckos deside to go with the Crested geckos so now I need a cage. Have decided to build my own cage as space is kind of a issue so was wondering if this size would work for a trio.3ft tall by 1ft deep by 3ft wide. Also it would wrap a round a corner so would be 1.5ft on one side turn corner and then the other 1.5 on other side
Sounds sufficient to me as long as there is plenty of hiding spots and branches, etc. Sounds like it's going to be nice.

Quote:
.Also should it be wire or glass?
Either. I found I like the look of glass better since they're easier to see, and it's more fun since they seem to like to stick to it. Glass will also make it easier to maintain humidity and (at least in my experience) glass tends to hold temps at night a little better.

Quote:
Also do I need any heating ? I know they do find at room temp.
As long as the room doesn't get too cold you don't need any.

Quote:
And for lights do I need any? Thanks for the help
I got a light just to help out with photoperiod and because I think it makes the cage slightly more attractive to look at (makes them easier to find during the day). Not necessary, but kind of nice to have. I use a flourescent light bulb though, it runs a lot longer, cooler, and uses less power than regular light bulbs.

I think you'll like the little guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!