Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase. - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #91
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepanzarella View Post
in no way is the seller entitled to housing and food costs its still his animal
I pointed to the UCC, which says otherwise. Why not go take a look? Article 2, section 2 governs the sale of goods, breach, remedies, etc.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #92
FireStorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepanzarella View Post
in no way is the seller entitled to housing and food costs its still his animal
we all get our time wasted its incorporated into the price we sell the animals for
in this case it sucks the seller missed work but he could of schedule meeting times around his needs
and hard luck and bad things happen are always a case to case basis and in this case evidence was provided by the buyer
we as sellers sell things for a profit all of our costs have to be included in our bottom line
And one way a seller can incorporate the cost of having their time wasted into their selling price is to require a nonrefundable deposit to hold animals.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #93
ReptileGeek181
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
And one way a seller can incorporate the cost of having their time wasted into their selling price is to require a nonrefundable deposit to hold animals.
I agree with that, but the seller did not have TOS policy.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #94
mikepanzarella
yes firestorm 100% but in this case isnt wasnt clear to the buyer it was nonrefundable

Old 05-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #95
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
Since both parties are disputing the $100 deposit, I vote that they split the difference and the seller should give him a partial refund of $50
He can do that if he wants. Based on his handling of the situation...I would buy from him. He went over and beyond what was needed in an attempt to complete the transaction, so that the buyer would not be out anything.

I can find no fault in his handling of his business transaction.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #96
JColt
Yes the seller should keep it. I just spent 7 weeks getting paid on a computer repair job because I foolishly agreed to be paid "next week" because the guy was a friend of a friend.

Buyer said he had some bad luck and would throw down another payment and didn't. Don't put money down to hold an animal if you cannot finish the deal.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #97
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by hempmilk View Post
Let me preface, I did not mean to turn this into a pissing contest, but rather an interesting debate on humanity.

Take it to PMs or the discussion forum, this is not the place to discuss and debate general practices.

This seems to be going round and round with people's opinions and the original parties not taking part any longer.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #98
hempmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post

Take it to PMs or the discussion forum, this is not the place to discuss and debate general practices.

This seems to be going round and round with people's opinions and the original parties not taking part any longer.
I do apologize

Old 05-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #99
mikepanzarella
this is a very hard case with alot of variables and no matter how much any of us add in our information it comes down to the seller
he did go out of his way for the buyer (but as a seller i would for my buyers also)
and the buyer did have problems
he would not be wrong for keeping it
but me personally i couldnt keep it when the other snake was sold i would of refunded the same day

Old 05-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #100
Bobby Douglass
I know I'm in the minority on this one but I just wouldn't feel good about myself for keeping the money if I were the seller in this situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!