Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #41
bigpimpen22
here is proof
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #42
Fangthane
Your text message that's dated 4/29 states that they're both currently in the hospital, however your "proof" shows them being at the clinic on 4/25 and 4/26. Either way, I don't think the family situation really changes anything. In a text dated 4/22 you offered to send $100 to his PayPal account, but didn't follow though. In a text dated 4/25 you said you'd have the money Saturday (4/26), but you didn't follow though with that either.

I think the seller did his best to work with you and you consistantly chose not to follow through, for whatever reason. While it would be "big" of him to refund your deposit, I don't see anything that would really obligate him to do so. That's just my take on the whole thing.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #43
mikepanzarella
Well those are after visit so the dates he was at the hospital could differ but generally we ask for the notes when we leave the doctors
But havnt a little brother that has to go on the mask from time to time I can say it is a pain and is a process over a few days to get the breathing corrected
Hope they are all doing well

Old 05-01-2012, 03:39 AM   #44
Skanakis
On the buying side of this. I was going to buy a pair of Rainbow brazilians from a person. I sent 100 in total of a $300 deal. I stepped into a financial poop storm (personal issue) but I told him i had to pull out of the deal. Me and him discussed a 20% no refund at the beginning. But honestly I felt bad asking anything back. He held the animals for me which i appreciated and he was extremely helpful and patient. And my own bad financial decisions created my situation. Micheal...should keep the money unless there was a BIG number involved. You can always bring in principle but that can be argued on both sides. Bigpimpen aint spending G's(Love that song). As buyers sometimes we need to make better financial decisions. I hate wasting time of sellers. I agree with willow and lucille. IT SUCKS missing out on a sale while holding an animal. I have had some payment plans. I pay the day i arrange with person selling so he feels more comfortable. All in all...its all the bout the The love for the hobby that includes the cash or love for the cash that includes the hobby. And then we got scammers. GOD BLESS this BOI and the good member and MODS here. I always like to see that 20% non refundable but usually i see that with the Bigboys. Micheal i would suggest a LEGIBLE and DESCRIPTIVE (putting that in caps cause ive seen some illegible and lawyer contracted TOS forms) if you plan on selling or trading. Im a buyer. Not a seller yet. But being on Fauna for a bit....I can see what works and what dont work. PLETHORA of information. In my opinion....Mike should keep the money. IF....and IF he wants he should send back a certain % agreed by 2 parties. And Bigpimpen.....either take the loss...cause cash dont care for family issues or next time on a payment plan...prepare to follow thru on the dates agreed upon or FORM a agreement before cash is exchanged to a % non refundable and a time table. But expect to follow thru as a seller and a buyer. This being my opinion. Good luck guys. Oh one more thing....Mike....since you kept homeboys money. I dont think this should have been on the BOI. You just made 100 off of a bad judgement off someone and STILL sold the animal and made your money.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #45
Skanakis
oh and bigpimpen....that is WAY to much info to paste on a forum. Im at work in a hospital right now. Between the last names and MRN numbers and DOB's. You never know. (just sayin). Next time open a paint program and black out any info like that. Yeah we got hippa....but we also got Nigeria...lol. Hope the kids are doing better.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #46
deborahbroadus
I apologize for assuming that you, too, were lying. I have no defense.

However, it doesn't change anything. What you SHOULD have done, as others have is understood your own financial situation. It's really not anyone elses' responsibility to handle your financial situation, and it is unfair to expect the seller to refund money after having his time wasted and losing buyers (but it ended well for him).

The buyer should be compensated (that's what holding fees/deposits are for) for time lost and feeding the animal beyond the agreed time (during the holding time, the animal is essentially yours). However, imo, no buyer has the right to expect any seller to hold an animal indefinitely TOS or no TOS.

Again, I apologize for assuming, and I am sorry for your family's health issues. Good luck.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #47
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I apologize for assuming that you, too, were lying. I have no defense.

However, it doesn't change anything. What you SHOULD have done, as others have is understood your own financial situation. It's really not anyone elses' responsibility to handle your financial situation, and it is unfair to expect the seller to refund money after having his time wasted and losing buyers (but it ended well for him).

The SELLER should be compensated (that's what holding fees/deposits are for) for time lost and feeding the animal beyond the agreed time (during the holding time, the animal is essentially yours). However, imo, no buyer has the right to expect any seller to hold an animal indefinitely TOS or no TOS.

Again, I apologize for assuming, and I am sorry for your family's health issues. Good luck.
Correction in bold.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #48
Skanakis
I agree deb. But the tos saves any arguements from buyer and seller. Easier state of mind. Can you imagine a 6000 dollar deal. Paying 3000, half way thru the deal. All of a sudden. Boom. Lawyer bill. Dui or whatever. Hospital bill. Etc. What comes into play? Principle. Pity. Or no pity. This instance here the seller has the right. Bigpimpen IMO should have been more up front.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #49
FireStorm
I just thought I'd throw my $.02 in. As a buyer, I always assume that any deposit I make is nonrefundable. After all, as others have said, from a seller's perspective there wouldn't be much point to a refundable deposit.

As a seller, I always use the term "nonrefundable deposit" when discussing deposits with potential customers just to make sure we are on the same page. That way, if the buyer backs out, they can't argue that they didn't know. And, if I have to take time off work to meet someone, I always require a nonrefundable deposit (even if they are paying cash and picking up the next day) so if they are a no show I'm not out as much.

I have to say, in this case I can't really fault the seller for keeping the deposit, considering he took off work twice and was out money in that respect. It seems perfectly fair that he should be compensated for that. I realize that the buyer may be in a tough financial situation, but it seems that the seller may be in a tough financial situation as well and I don't think that the buyer's personal issues automatically trump the seller's.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #50
suzuki4life
After reading the posts I would highly recommend the seller refund the payment received. I highly doubt a judge will consider "$100 down" as an implied nonrefundable deposit. The seller CHOSE which days he was available. That means the seller CHOSE to miss work one way or another. He can not expect a buyer to be responsible for paying him for days he clearly planned to miss on his own.

if the seller does NOT refund the payment, I highly recommend the buyer to talk to an attorney and then the police. I do not see a "undeliverable" clause in the agreement the seller should really think about for future sales. Yes the buyer stood you up. You have every right to sell it to another buyer. You do not have the right to keep his money to compensate you for work you planned to miss. You could have scheduled the pick up for a time that did not interfere with your job.

As for anyone commenting on a "TOS" posting on a website: unless your site has a way of the buyer showing acknowledgement of accepting your terms, the open posting of them is useless.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!