My Blood Boa is broken - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #81
~Just Curious~
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
I'm sure he'll eat. He really hasn't shown any signs of distress from the ordeal at all. He's taking it all like a champ.
So glad to hear it!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #82
crotalusadamanteus
Well, final update. EM and PCR tests have not revealed a causative agent. All the pathology testing I've had done have not revealed a causative agent. Blood tests did not reveal a causative agent. Absolutely nothing has been revealed as the cause for this situation.

Only things we have revealed, is that it is not IBD, not Crypto, not aerobic nor is it anaerobic, or anything else contagious. And it's NOT getting better either. If it was an injury, it should have improved by now, but my vet doubted it was an injury from the get go.

Best guess from the 5 different vets and pathologists involved, is that it is something congenital, and they think it would have presented itself eventually, and that perhaps the breeding caused it to present itself sooner.

I guess I should be happy that it's not a contagion. But I'm having a difficult time being happy about it. I almost wish it was, so I could have a solid answer.

So, after all is said and done, I will be donating him for medicine. They can spend their own money watching him, and testing, to maybe come up with an answer down the road, as it progresses, or as new tests are developed.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #83
Metachrosis
So it all boils down to junk genes?
It's best they arent continued if that's a certain
Tuff run on luck that's for sure.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #84
Snakesitter
Sorry to hear you did not get an answer, Rick. He's a cool little dude, and it sucks to lose him. :-( However, even if you're not excited about it, the "nothing contagious" is a huge positive for your other animals, especially his mate!

Old 03-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #85
crotalusadamanteus
Can't even nail it to junk genes Tom. Without having sequencing done, and having a model to compare to, it's speculation, and educated guesses, based on MANY combined years of experience and expertise.

So yeah, at least I know Morrigan is safe. And I can now save myself an extra $50 a month renting a little spot at my friends house in order to isolate him from the rest. He'll be staying with my vet from now on.

I would have much rather had myself a nice litter of TH Blood Sunglows though. These costs have sunk me for the most part.

Thanks to everyone who offered their concerns. Means a lot to me. You guys rock!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!