This is how my year is starting.... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #61
HopingForBabies
Congrats...so you proved out the male.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #62
mxracer4life
Well, its a funny story. I had purchased my circle back female from Jimmy and Tina Samulson. Back in July of 09, I purchased an 07 super hypo male that was from a Gee line super hypo to a orange tail super hypo, both proven, so he was a guarranteed super. Well..... In sept I put my super hypo male in with the circle back, but didn't get much action, he courted, but she wasn't ready yet. Something came up, I had to sell my 07 super hypo. THEN, I got chance in December to get an 06 PROVEN male super hypo from Jimmy and Tina, the same male that was bred to my circle back female 2 years ago. He courted her and I witnessed copulation, ovulation etc, this was sometime in December also, near the end. SO, there was no really proving him, just proving him to me. So, these 2 bred for the second time in 3 years. She took last year off, gaining much needed weight.
AND this all happened DURING a move to our new house, which is when my notes were lost, so this whole pregnancy was up in the air.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #63
crotalusadamanteus
Nice looking litter for sure. Neat story about the Super male too. Imagine the chances of that happening twice.

Congrats!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #64
Pythonbreeder99
i would love one when their ready!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #65
mxracer4life
I like to get them to eat atleast 3 times, but I prefer 4 times. Usually the first half of the litter takes the first meal easy, then each week more of them take that meal. I have found that within 4 weeks all of them are eating, some on there 3-4 meal, some on there first. I'll let ya know when they ready.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #66
Shadera
Looking at all those babies makes me uncomfortable. She must've been huge beyond huge! Congrats on your little beauties.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #67
mxracer4life
She was huge! I don't know which looked worse, her pregnant or what she looks like now. She looks like a skinny old grandma now, all wrinkley and all. lol. She ate a large rat 1 time a month in her pregnance except this last month, but she still lost A LOT of weight!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #68
Laura Fopiano
Congrats Jeremy!!

Rick sorry to hear about your girl.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #69
hhmoore
Nice looking litter...I guess I've been spoiled with the other live bearers I've bred - never had much cleanup (except the year I had two slug out). S'okay, though, I'm kind of looking forward to a sloppy cage with little squirmies all over the place.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #70
Matt2979
Congrats Jeremy!! But now you have me worrying about a few of mine making me wait SO long! I'm already a nervous wreck!! LOL Great story though...now ENJOY!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!