first time Hogg Island Boa Breeder - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #71
Metachrosis
Until you can verify exactly where they come from(breeding) you can not rightfully carry
any form of locality label.Attempting to accurately split DNA with an assumption and diluted visual reference leaves you well outside 50% of anything which,as you have already been told is "nothing".

Plant a white flag already . . . . .

Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #72
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Thank you HHMoore.
They are still part hogs though, which is important to me. I'm not trying to add to the hog gene pool and keep that particular snake going, there's plenty of others who do that now.
I appriceate you actually answering my question to your fullest abilities.
See I didn't plan on getting crosses, and I feel people are jumping my shit because I am going to breed these halfies anyway.
It comes down to people who are pro hybrid and people who are con hybrid.
Regardless, I didn't plan to buy hybrids. I do however have to work with what I currently have.
Could you possibly tell me a little more about those morphs you listed and what they may do to the beauty of these snakes?

Old 11-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #73
ShadowAceD
So ... you're going with the make lemonade approach, eh?

I am not sure if denial is the issue here or you just flat do not care. I would love to know how you are going to house and care for potentially 30+ boas that you are going to have a hard time to sell.

People are "jumping on you" because you are acting like a fool.

You are going to breed them just because. That's really what it comes down to and that's an irresponsible reason and way to breed.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #74
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
@Meta, gathering other helpful info to make the best out of what I do have. Can't blame a man for that.
You get delt a card, and it's up to the holder how they play it. I'm just asking others to give me ideas of what to breed them with to make more pretts boas. Hhmoore has been a great help throughout this whole post.
If more people would do as HH is, and actually give info on what I can breed what I am now stuck with to make more pretty boas.
Such as what can I add to them to have any more beautiful offspring.

Telling me to wave my white flag is just another way of being rude.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #75
ShadowAceD
You're basically saying "Just tell me what I want to hear and we're all gravy".

You got people's opinions on what you can breed them too. The answer is "nothing" or, basically "whatever you want". Making them "pretty" takes a lot of time and effort and should be started with better stock.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #76
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Oh my god. How many times do I have to say this; "I am not breeding to sell them, I am breeding to make pretty snakes with the ones I currently have."
I will go out and buy others to actually do something with, I like the way these look and want a project for myself that is solely for myself.

Did you forget I have 5000 rats to feed to them? Housing is no issue for me.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #77
ShadowAceD
Let's say you get 28 babies.

You're keeping all 28 babies for the entirety of their lives?

For potentially forty years?

Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #78
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
HHMoore gave me the only answer that actually answered what I am asking.
Looking for more people who will answer with that to cross them with. Idc about time or worth, how many damn times do I need to say I am doing this for me? Not for commercial sale. Get that straight. If you oppose me breeding them, say your peace and go on with your life. If you want to add options to the table for me to breed my current snakes to to make more beautiful snakes, then please do. I don't care how long it takes, this is a HOBBY. Something I've done since I was a young child.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #79
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
I'd keep most yes.
And a few friends would keep some as well.
We're the kind of people with 60+ reptiles in their homes.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #80
ShadowAceD
Here's the thing that you and other people seem to forget ...

This is a public forum.

Where the public can respond.

I am entitled to respond however many times I wish for as long as the thread is open.

Just because it is not what you do not want to hear, does not mean I cannot say it.

You're the one getting hostile and defensive, throwing around vulgarities and such.

Maybe if you took a step back for a moment you would realize you are not ready to be breeding these animals. You were not even capable of looking at your boas and seeing they are not full Hogs. This is not an insult, it is an observation of someone who clearly needs to spend more time doing research on boas and on breeding boas.

Very few people make a full business from this. It is a hobby to many of them. It is a hobby to me.

Why breed boas you do not intend to sell the offspring of? You do realize many, many boas die every year from complications due to breeding, correct? Why risk killing off animals that could be nice, comfortable pets just to make "pretty boas" for yourself? You said that breeding them is better than them sitting in tubs all day and I fail to see the logic in that (not that boas of that size should be in tubs unless they are Freedom Breeders or ARS. Those boas will be perfectly happy and content in life to just live without breeding.

Every way you are trying to rationalize it is really not right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
breeding, hogg island boa