So with all of this talk of AV - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #21
Vinny D
if you go to (VENOMDOC.COM) the web host is Dr. Bryan Fry he is probly the worlds leading venom reasercher. and i was reading something on his fourms about how some elapid venom might be a cure for cancer in the future.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #22
Vinny D
WOW, your right i cant find anything about the venomous laws in GA either. your best bet would be to call your local zoo and ask to speak to some 1 in the reptile dept. they will be able to tell you..

Old 03-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #23
scalesnstuff
Back to my mom, it's funny cause I grew up around this stuff, but now she gets mad at me because I use what I have learned. You ought to go out with us when we are removing a venomous snake the bystanders find it hysterical. But I have a lifetime free pass to Okefenokee Swamp since I drop off the alligators. But she is good person, no matter what it is she believes it deserves a chance from a mean rattle snake to a baby squirrel, she is going to give it her all.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #24
scalesnstuff
My state sucks I appreciate you help though, don't fret I dont plan on milking anytime soon.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #25
Skunky
I'm sorry to say, you dont just decide to make AV, and you sure as heck aren't going to be doing it in your back yard/garage/bedroom.

AV production is a highly controlled/regulated process, with quality assurance procedures from step one to final product. Remember, this is somethign you're injecting into someone..the stringency regarding purity of the substance is incredible. Unless you've got the setup (i.e. lab) with all the correct air filtration, air-pressure gradients, sterility measures in place..you've really got no chance.

Not to mention the fact that to actually make it a worthwhile endeavour, you'd need to have many snakes on hand to milk regularly.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #26
Vinny D
well i have been to the Okefenokee Swamp and it is AWSOME. i must have seen at least 10 cottonmouth's in like 5 mins. i love it their is like a little everglades. im only 20 but i have been studying reptiles in captivity and in the wild since i was really young. my mom also got me into reptiles. but she didnt know i was catching venomous snakes. the first hot i caught i was 6 on the playground in kindergarden my mom knew about that since the school called her. but she didnt know that i was always out looking for them until i was about 13 lol. when she found a 4' eastern diamondback in my bedroom. but when i lived in florida i didnt keep hot's as pets i just caught them. when i moved to pennsylvania "where hots are leagel" i bought my first PET venomous snake. but just call the zoo and they will be able to tell you about your state laws. and good luck in the future if you decide to work with out beloved dangerous venomous snakes..

Old 03-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #27
Vinny D
Skunky Is 1000% Correct....

Old 03-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #29
Vinny D
from what i read on that site. i guess venomous snake are leagle to keep in GA, because it didnt say anything about them. unless i wasent looking in the right part of the site. i just clicked on reptile laws in GA. and it showed all the non-venomous, lizards, and turtles. but it did say that all GA native species need a permit, but what about exotic venomous?

Old 03-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #30
crotalusadamanteus
BW is a reasonable man. You could just ask Him. I am sure there is a "contact us" button on His sight. It is primarily for educating people, which is why I put the link. He is native to the state, and He would know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!