Tim Bowles Causing me trouble about a PIC - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-01-2004, 08:37 PM   #1
Gary O
Tim Bowles Causing me trouble of a PIC

I am not sure if this really goes here but then it does sence he is going out of his way to attack me and my service. You will see how.

Ok As you all know I own The Reptile Room. Well I had a member join by the name of adam2373. And he started a thread asking about his sig. About the latin name in it. Here is the thread

http://novogate.com/exco/thread.php?...threadid=56891

No big deal right? WRONG!!!!!

A very good friend of mine that hosts the Main site of The Reptile Room(not the forums) emailed me this

Quote:
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 7:55 PM
To: abuse@wawhosts.net
Subject: Copyright infringments

Dear sirs,

It has come to my attention that a site in which you host has a poster that is violating federal copyright laws.

I have contacted the owner of The Reptile War Room at http://thereptileroom.org/ in order to have these pictures removed immediately. Gary has refused to return my emails or remove the illegally stolen pictures from the account on his site.

I have also tried to email the poster that posts under adam2373 to inform him of the same. No response.

The poster and the posts that contain my stolen photographs are at this link, http://novogate.com/exco/thread.php?...threadid=56891

The poster has them stored in his photo storage at this link, http://novogate.com/exco/view.php?ac...u=27455&b=1046

Both are hosted by you and are in direct violation of the federal copyright laws. This is also in violation of your terms of service which I have copied and highlighted for your convenience.

WAWHosts provides web site hosting. WAWHosts reserves the right to suspend or cancel a client's access to any or all services provided by WAWHosts when WAWHosts decides that the account has been inappropriately used or otherwise.

SERVER USE
WAWHosts hosting plans are to be used by the primary owner only. Clients are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties, unless they have prior permission from Washouts.
WAWHosts reserves the right to refuse service and / or access to its servers to anyone it deems necessary.
All services provided by WAWHosts may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or local law is prohibited.
This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, trademark, intellectual property, material we judge to be threatening or obscene.
Also prohibited are sites that promote any illegal activity or present content that may be damaging to WAWHosts servers. Links to such materials are also prohibited.
Any illegal activity, including illegal adult content, links to illegal adult content web sites, spamming, cracking or hacking will result in your site being shut down and all your files deleted without warning. Adult content is not allowed.
We DO NOT allow Internet-Relay-Chat ("IRC") or IRC bots to be operated on our servers. WAWHosts will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.

You can visit my site at http://www.greentreesnakes.com and verify for yourself that they are indeed my pictures stolen from my site without my express written permission. My site and the contents therein, are protected under a copyright agreement.

At this time all I am asking is that the stolen pictures be removed.

You should be aware that there are significant statutory damages available for copyright infringements. If you do not resolve this issue in a timely manner, I will be forced to proceed down that avenue.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Tim Bowles
Arboreals of the Rainforest
http://www.greentreesnakes.com
Now the funny thing is that Tim never contacted me. My email is not hidden I have a contact button on every page of my forums and my website. Also I am not sure which pic he is talking about. I am not sure what caused him to do this but I have a small idea. Tim thinking Will hosted TRR forums and he thought he could shut my site down. Sence I would not allow his illegel stuff happen on my site and I banned him.

Now is this the reason Who knows. But I am the webmaster of TRR He never contacted me. I could have handled this in a different manner. I guees I am looking for your views.

This adam2373 just posted this yesterday. I do not know him. And he is not the problem. If he did take the photos from Tim ok, we can take care of that. But why go around me?

What did I do?

Thanks guys
Gary

Old 05-01-2004, 08:44 PM   #2
Gary O
Hey can one of the mods make the title say

Tim Bowles Causing me trouble about a pic

Sorry guys

Old 05-01-2004, 08:51 PM   #3
Double "D" Reptiles
just check out the claim

Gary,
First of all, I'd look into it and see if the pics are indeed duplicated. If they are, then I'd ask this Adam2373 for verification of the pics origin. If he says they're his, ask him to provide evidence and explain why, pointing to Tim's site and the pics he says are his.

If they are indeed the same pics/animals, then politely ask Adam2373 to take them down until their ownership can be proven by either party. Make both prove ownership of the actual pic if they are the same and if it's simply a question of the animal in the pic, make them prove which of them actually owns the animal and thus has rights to post continueing pics of it.

Sounds like this may be a bunch of cry-baby nonsense, but if the claim is true, then you've got to act on it accordingly. The only way you'll be able to do that is to serve as the judge in order to cover your own backside.

David

Old 05-01-2004, 08:57 PM   #4
Gary O
I do not have a problem with that at all. I will be contacting this new member. Believe me...

But how do you solve something if Tim is not contacting me? If Will was not such a good friend I would not even know about this. See what I mean?

I do not have one problem fixing this but why not come to me and get this fixed why try to go to a webhost and lie saying you contacted me?

I can not find the pic. I am not even sure which he is talking about. If Tim would email me or even post it here I would get it down. But I just wish he was a man about it and emailed me. Going behind my back really pissed me off.

Old 05-01-2004, 09:09 PM   #5
Gary O
OK I have found one guys. I searched on his site for sometime and found it is Adams2373's avatar pic.

It is on Tim's Northen's page. I can not find any other.

This one will be taken down ASAP. But this still does not answer my question as to why this was taken behind my back other then to try to shut me down.

I am a very fair person. If I would have been contacted like an adult with proper links so I did not have to search it would have been taken down long ago.

So Tim if there is any more please say so. let me KNOW WHICH ONES. also please give me links to them to prove they are yours.

Thanks you..........

Oh and if you could please tell me why you could not come to me over this. Am I that bad of guy?

Old 05-01-2004, 09:12 PM   #6
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally posted by AGF
But I just wish he was a man about it and emailed me. Going behind my back really pissed me off.
Gary, the problem is you want to treat timmy like a man and he has PROVED time and again you can't do that with him.

He's just pissed that you booted him for what he did in The Reptile Room. Now he's trying to stab you in the back. It's his style.

He doesn't deserve or understand if you treat him like an adult.

Good luck.

I would do whatever you need to to simply get him out of your hair short of slipping down to his level. Delete whatever is in question if it is his. I believe the burden of proof is on him though isn't it? And his word really isn't good enough all on its own. Hopefully adam will clear this up for you quickly.

Wes Pollock

Wes Pollock

Old 05-01-2004, 09:32 PM   #7
DavidBeard
Don't sweat it Gary. You're not a bad guy, its that scuzzbucket Bowles who is the bad guy. He is a pathetic pitiful excuse of a man and needs to get a life.

Old 05-01-2004, 09:33 PM   #8
Gary O
I am going to do that. I am deleting the thread now. I have also PMed Adam and asked him to change the avatar as I can not change it yet(Soon I will be able to do that next program update lol)

Also I asked him if he got anything else from another site to change it.

And Wes I think you are right............ Get rid of him as quick and easy as possible.

Thanks guys!

Old 05-01-2004, 09:36 PM   #9
Gary O
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidBeard
Don't sweat it Gary. You're not a bad guy, its that scuzzbucket Bowles who is the bad guy. He is a pathetic pitiful excuse of a man and needs to get a life.
Thanks David. That means a lot. I try lol

Old 05-01-2004, 09:45 PM   #10
DavidBeard
No problem man. I of all people know you're one of the best dudes out there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!