Blocked glottis on snake -any advice urgently welcome - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:25 AM   #81
richardhind1972
That’s good news then, fingers crossed

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Old 03-01-2018, 11:12 AM   #82
hotlips
Same here, sounds hopeful at least. Good job!

Old 03-02-2018, 12:28 AM   #83
Helenthereef
I'm now away for 10 days - my partner will be checking and cleaning, but we won't be trying feeding again until I'm back. Just hoping he's still with us by then. I'd take him with me, but I'm not certain my hosts would approve....

Old 03-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #84
hotlips
We're looking forward to your update, Helen, hoping he kept down his food & is doing O.K. or even better?

Old 03-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #85
Helenthereef
Just back, he's still with us, has passed some urates, no changes otherwise. Now I need to chase up vet re Coccidia, and probably get another egg and vitamin feed down him.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #86
hotlips
Well, at least there's hope, it could have been worse. Urates, well at least that part's working.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:28 AM   #87
Insomniac101
I've tried to keep up on this thread, and when I think about replying, I get interrupted by something! Not that I have anything of value to share, just moral support!

Poor Samael! It sounds like you're doing everything you possibly can, with what's available in your area. Are you still waiting on some culture results from the mucus in his throat?

Anyway, trying to send healing vibes your way, and hope he comes around soon. The things we "animal people" do for our furry, feathered, and scaley kids!

Kathy

Old 03-13-2018, 01:51 AM   #88
richardhind1972
Good luck Helen

Old 03-13-2018, 03:09 AM   #89
Helenthereef
I really do appreciate the moral support from all of you, I'm quite isolated as a reptile keeper out here, and it is really helpful to be able to discuss things.

I've spent today basically cleaning up from my field trip, and tomorrow I'm heading down to the vet to chase up any results. The vet has (hopefully) done a faecal smear to determine whether Samael really does have Coccidia, and also whether my other snakes (Rifraf, Magenta, Constantine and Mazikeen) also have it as a systemic thing, or if it's just him.

The mucus swab went to the commercial farm animal lab for bacterial culture 7 weeks ago - no news when I left, but maybe I'll get lucky on this visit - these guys are responsible for all the cattle and goats in the country, so I don't suppose my snake is really a priority for them.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #90
richardhind1972
Well fingers crossed you got some results back and can start work on getting samael on the mend once and for all

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!