FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-29-2006, 01:33 AM   #1
whitefire50

Hey there. Yeah, I'm still new at this.

I don't know exactly how old my geckos are but I was wondering, what is considered "HEALTHY" for AGE compared to WEIGHT compared to LENGTH.

I guess my major concerne is if my babies are over or underweight. They look healthy and their tales are fat. However, like I said earlier, I am still new at this and don't have anything to compare it to.

Old 04-29-2006, 01:58 AM   #2
Milwaukee Reptiles
I don't thinik there is any specific magical number, as each animal will be different. Generally, a healthy look is good for babies/juvies, since they won't have all the fat built up in the tail yet (although it should be getting fatter), and they're only overweight if you notice large fat pockets forming, which is unlikely in babies/juvies.

I used to have a bunch of data for my hatchings to about 3 months old but lost most of it during a database crash earlier this year, so I don't have my nice graphs for comparison anymore.

Old 04-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
DiabloBoa
sucks about the crash Brian. i remember seeing one of your graphs. i wanted to keep better track of my stats so i was wondering what program i should use, what do u use?

Old 04-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #4
Milwaukee Reptiles
I had actually used a mysql database (the same one that contains all the animal info on my website). I just exported to a comma-delimited file and imported into excel. So basically you could do the exact same things in excel.

Old 04-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
Milwaukee Reptiles
Here's the thread with most of the information saved... I had just started so there wasn't much, but it gives a general idea. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=71073

Old 04-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
DiabloBoa
right on, thanks Brian.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:25 AM   #7
whitefire50
That's an awesome link. I am surprised that there hasn't been a comprehensive survey yet. I don't even know how old my geckos are since a bought it from the oppresive and abusive national chain vendor. I didn't know how bad those animals had it until I was educated after the fact. My geckos tails are getting fatter and one looks like it's developing a double chin...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!