Inquiry Inquiry on Todd Gearheart - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #101
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocamaro View Post
Rich... Cmon bro. Show a little tact. It is common reference that People from Texas think that they are the best, Southerners are stupid and bang their sisters, Yankees are rude ( if They weren't the phrase Southern Hospitality wouldn't exsist +1 ), Its a generalization. Its not like he used the N word. I feel like your digging for an argument and bashing his positive remarks with "Lucky you. Unfortunately there are many disappointed buyers out there!!". Childish at best.
Childish? Sure buddy. Your entitled to your own backwoods thinking. As am I.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #102
sdcr1121
Bad experience

I thought I should just post that Todd owes me money for geckos and anoles that he never delivered on. He said he was putting together a shipment from Guyana and it never materialized. He asked for money up front and never followed through. This was all two plus years ago. I would not recommend him.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #103
allreptiles1966
See what I'm saying Hypocamaro. Another displeased customer! Theres many too!

And I'm not sure I heard any of your references to people in certain areas!

Old 11-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #104
hypocamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Lucky you. Unfortunately there are many disappointed buyers out there!!
@ Rich the Internet Vigilante. You calling me "Back woods" is as derogatory as "New Yorkers are rude". That is if I was to view the written word as harshly as you. I am not here to say that Todd is good or bad... I promise you I dont care. But what bothers me is when people (YOU) cling on to the dumbest/childest things possible. It discredits the BOI when you have cry babies ( points finger ).

Old 07-25-2015, 08:35 PM   #105
Mak060
Post purchase review

Date of receiving your order: July 24, 2015

First name:Steven
State: MA
Country (if outside the U.S.) :
Type of products purchased (animals, publications or dry goods or mix) : animals
For an animal purchase was the stock field-collected (FC), captive-born/raised (CB), or wild-caught imports (WC) or a mix of one of more of these categories (MX) ? WC
Web Site Navigation : works
Variety of products and services : extensive
Pre-sale Customer Service : prompt, courteous
Knowledge of products or services : second to none I know in North America
Quality of animals and/or dry goods : excellent
For animal purchases, were the correct life stage/size ordered shipped? (Yes, no): yes
If applicable, were the animals sold with the correct identification? (Yes, no, or n/a): yes
If applicable, were the animals sold with the correct sexing? (Yes, no, or n/a): yes
Packing quality of products : good
Post-sale Customer Service : very good
Overall satisfaction with our business : very satisfied
Would you recommend Tarantulaspiders.com to others? (Yes, no): yes

Comments : Serious breeders quickly learn there is a difference between (i) breeding "labels" put on by the average hobbyist and (ii) breeding species, the genetic line derived from the type locality and as best as one can determine, the species originally described when first named. With 35+ years of experience, Todd is one of the few dealers in North America who can get me to breeding type (ii) above. A year ago, when trying to find A. urticans in the US, one hobbyist sent me what is undoubtedly A. purpurea. Another sent me something unidentifiable. Although one of my sources is the EU, the best source is the type locality. I saw Todd's online photos, asked him for a female A. urticans, and yesterday unpacked a beautiful, WC, adult female that looks like she ought, and in perfect condition to boot. I had commented on a curious change in color in A. urticans since it's discovery in the 1990s. Todd explained A. urticans did originally have a more greenish color in the 1990s, and now, probably because of geographical collection differences, appear somewhat purple-green in certain molt stages. Who else in North America but someone in Todd's position could verify and help explain a change taking place over 15 years?

Just before sending out my package, Todd notified me of CITES certified B. albopilosum, Honduras, that had just arrived in his shop. I accepted the offer and when I unpacked the specimen, was astounded. It is the most beautiful Brachypelma albopilosum I have ever seen and as soon as this review is over, she is going for a photo session. I never thought I'd be saying what I just did about a B. albopilosum. But there it is. I'm tempted to buy the rest up, and just might.

I will be returning for future business with Todd. He is an invaluable asset to the hobby.
Steven (Arachnoiden.com)

Old 11-08-2015, 01:26 AM   #106
Adam88
Thumbs down Stay away from Todd Gearhart

Just another one to add on to this list. I can't understand why this happened but I guess it makes a lot more sense after reading these other experiences people had as well. I received an email from Todd last week stating that he just received an item in stock. I got back to him the same day and even left the message with my phone number to simplify things since this guy doesn't have a phone number. I was pretty confined he would atleast call me, I was wrong. After forwarding my email several times over the next few days, he finally answers a week later saying the item was sold.

So I replied to his email saying this: "I contacted you the same day you reached out to me about the monitors you never even got back to me! I really expected to atleast get a phone call back. I can't believe you would reach out to me like this then sell the animal to someone else before even reading my response or trying to get back to me. I'm very upset to say the least and I definitely didn't expect that from you at all. I really was looking forward to doing business with you but after this I'm hesitant to say the least, I can easily do business with someone else who actually would take the time to speak to me and I don't have to email back and forth I can call them. I hope you reconsider the way you do business."

His response is really even more dissapointing...Todd Gearhart:

"What????

This email is rude. The world doesn’t resolve around you. I’ve been in the business for 35 yrs.- successfully. Another customer that has done repeat business with me over the years ordered and paid for the baby croc within an hour. I have a family and another business and I’m not 24/7 available because I have a life. You trying to “teach me a lesson about business” is very rude. I have thousands of customers over 3+ decades online, internationally and at the shows. If another customer buys the animal from me, I’m not under any obligation to hold it for you. For all I know, your window shopping with a thousand questions and then can’t pay for you order, because you don’t have the money. I’ve been through that routine before.

So, first order, first pay, first sold - period.

So, take your business somewhere else to be rude."

So I mean people should really consider this before doing business with this guy. Making the customer feel guilty about your own negligence is unacceptable to say the least. All I asked for was a simple reply I'm sorry I'm not one of those customers that's been doing business for years but that would be kind of hard being that he would like to pick and choose who to respond to. I could go on and on how unprofessional this guy is but I think he made it very obvious by stating how he feel his customers, must be reassuring to know that he considers everyone who inquires about his business a window shopper instead of a potential customer.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:08 AM   #107
xenesthis13
Adam Morsi: drama starter

1) Adam Morsi has NEVER completed a transaction with me. {I don't think you should be able to post a review until there is a commercial transaction completed to review}.

2) I was under no obligation to reserve the animal as this person didn't have a deposit or paid in-full transaction with me. He was still in the asking questions, wanting pictures trolling mode. When one of my long-term, repeat customers buys the animal, I'm under no obligation to have held it for Adam.

3) IF Adam has a valid whine, it's that I was busy traveling this week and didn't let him know within one second that somebody else had bought the animal. Sorry, sellers have lives and can get busy. We are not 24/7.

4) This person is very rude and any seller in the trade would not want to do business with somebody that sends rude emails and posts reviews for a transaction that never took place.

5) Adam has posted on three threads and even posted a duplication on one of them. It's that over-kill, and he never completed a transaction to do a review over. After seeing his rudeness and they way he operates, I have the right NOT to do business with him, and if this is still the United State of America, I have that right.

6) My e-mail is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. My emails contain this disclaimer and Adam is well aware of that. Adam did NOT have my permission to share our private email communications publicly.

7) What seller out there would want to do business with Adam based on how he operates? In my experience of over three decades in this trade and hobby, and the many sellers that I know; most would want nothing to do with a person like Adam.

I elect NOT to do business with Adam. That's my right and I'm exercising it and letting other sellers beware.

Why is it allowed for somebody to get on this site and make reviews and create drama for a transaction that never took place? Why is it allowed for them to post to three threads, with even duplicated post in an obvious attempt to smear somebody without even having a completed commercial transaction with that person? Is this the Jerry Springer Show or Entertainment Tonight?

I've been in the trade/hobby for over 35 yrs. with hundreds of positive reviews and thousands of customers online, at shows and internationally. There is a reason for all of that. Adam Morsi post 4x, one with a duplication, about a transaction that never happened. His whining because I sold something he wanted and didn't tell him instantly is the nature of business. I understand why a seller is under no obligation to reserve the animal for me unless I have at least a deposit with the seller OR the seller made a written or verbal promise to hold the animal. NONE of that took place in the situation. Adam's whining his pure drama garbage and should be treated as such.

These kinds of posts to the BOI are pure garbage and should be treated as such and deleted. Posting 4x to 3 threads with a duplication is over kill as well.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #108
hhmoore
Mr Gearhart,
I am going to post this once - it just happened to land in this particular thread.

A BOI thread does not require an actual transaction. Whether you like it, or not, Mr Morsi DID have an experience with you. Him sharing that experience is within the rules of the BOI.
Most people will view his posts negatively. Had you made a succinct, professional post in reply, you would have been seen in a favorable light. Instead you threw up a wall of words in a tantrum, and got yourself banned for continued abuse of the Report Post function (you've received several warnings in the past). You blew an opportunity to make yourself look good.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #109
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenesthis13 View Post

6) My e-mail is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. My emails contain this disclaimer and Adam is well aware of that. Adam did NOT have my permission to share our private email communications publicly.
This as a claim does not prohibit the sharing of e-mail unless that e-mail was intercepted as part of a wire tap investigation. As the e-mail was not read as part of a wire tap, the addressed recipient can share it anywhere they choose.

If your going to make those claims you should make sure that what you are claiming is actual fact when attempting to prevent the sharing of an e-mail or e-mails.

You can read the actual act here https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/t...-I/chapter-119

Incorrectly using the law as an attempt to prevent a discussion you don't want shared as a tactic does not show up well on the party much as the claims by people who try to use libel and slander incorrectly reflects on that person.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #110
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardK View Post
This as a claim does not prohibit the sharing of e-mail unless that e-mail was intercepted as part of a wire tap investigation. As the e-mail was not read as part of a wire tap, the addressed recipient can share it anywhere they choose.

If your going to make those claims you should make sure that what you are claiming is actual fact when attempting to prevent the sharing of an e-mail or e-mails.

You can read the actual act here https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/t...-I/chapter-119

Incorrectly using the law as an attempt to prevent a discussion you don't want shared as a tactic does not show up well on the party much as the claims by people who try to use libel and slander incorrectly reflects on that person.

Sweet.
Edward, You should show up here more often.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!