Who Stole My Security Tokens?! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:22 PM   #11
SamanthaJane13
I'm running Vista and FireFox.

Check these out-could be a virus or spyware-

I run ALL of these-with NO CONFLICTS-

AVG Free anti-virus

Spybot Search & Destroy

Spyware Blaster

Ad-aware

Most of these are available at Majorgeek.com. Spyware Blaster comes from javacool.com

I just updated FireFox about an hour ago-before I got the warning from Twizted.

So far my tower hasn't 'sploded...

I'm not changing anything until I have a problem...then I guess I'll roll back the update if necessary.

Crossing my fingers, toes, legs, etc.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
garweft
I've been getting them for a few days too. I'm running Firefox, but I just updated it about 4 hours ago and was getting them before the update.

Just so you don't think your alone.....

Old 03-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
SamanthaJane13
Okay-I''m back.

FF fubar-ed it's download or installation, so I'm not doing the update.

Seriously-those programs I listed WORK WONDERS, and they're all free. They all scan and/or protect in different ways, so no conflicts.

Also, try out www.pcpitstop.com.

My 'puter dude turned me on to it, and it's a legit computer scan site-no spyware or viruses.

They analysis your computer and even compare it to others of the same type to show where your system ranks, and tell you fixes for your system.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #14
TattooLost
Been using FF here for the last couple years. No issues whatsoever on my end.

Is this issue only when you try to post classifieds with pics or any post in general?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #15
WebSlave
Yeah, when I was fighting my system over the weekend, I bought and installed several utilities to try to figure out what was wrong and what I needed to do to fix them. None of them really did much, unfortunately. Had one program that was supposed to fix broken dll files. Nice of it to tell me that I had 34 broken dll files, but it didn't fix a damn one of them, nor did it TELL me which ones they were so I could find them myself and replace them. Another found 1400+ registry errors, which it said it fixed, but it didn't change anything as far as my system's operation was concerned. Then another "super uninstaller" had me going into the registry to delete entries for the programs that wouldn't undelete nor reinstall. That didn't work either. Then I found a writeup about having to change permissions and ownerships in the registry to fix that uninstall problem, and surprisingly enough that did the job.

Last night I went to bed after buzzer went off in my computer and the only way I could get it to shut up was by hitting the switch on the power supply to the box. When I tried to start it up, I got the blue screen of death with white letters basically saying "Hi, you're now screwed! Your computer won't start up, we don't know why, but look at these codes that will mean nothing to you. And have a nice day!"

Fortunately Vista has a repair utility on the install disk, which wonder of wonders, seemed to actually fix my system. At least, so far. But it had to roll back far enough to where some programs were removed that I had installed, but it seems like a fair trade. I was beginning to think I was going to have to reinstall Vista (or go to Windows 7) to get my system back on it's feet again.

I'm pretty pissed at BitDefender. Their update zapped any 64 bit systems that it was downloaded to (which is normally an automatic update) on Saturday by eating as many files as it could before crashing the system. They didn't contact ANY of their customers, even though they have that info on file, and didn't put anything on their site about their screw up till Monday. They offered a downloadable file that could be written to a CD, but heck, how many people were going to just shut down their system and leave it by, twiddling their thumbs. I didn't even know what the heck happened. I thought some virus had snuck through all my defenses and zapped me. Heck, I don't even get email on this system, and except for sites I find on Google to buy stuff, or research such material, I really play it safe with my browsing. Funny thing is (ha ha!) the thought actually did cross my mind that it acted like the virus software had gone insane. But who expects that to happen? On top of that, I ran MEMTEST and found I had some memory errors, which I fixed merely by reseating the memory cards, so that had me thinking maybe the flaky memory had botched up the virus program's definition file or something.

Would have been REAL nice had BitDefender contacted users right away to alert them about the problem. Anyway, I've sent them a couple of real nasty grams telling them I wanted a refund of their piece of crap software and I was going to use someone else's product. The damage they did was every bit as bad as what you could expect from an actual virus, and I PAID for that privilege.

On another line of thought, I have had several instances in the past whereby I would use products that were from companies competing against Microsoft that once I loaded them on my system, BAD things started happening. Intermittent lockups, crashes, and the usual fun stuff. The thought has crossed my mind that perhaps Microsoft puts these sorts of booby traps in their operating systems to keep people from falling in love with their competitor's products. It does seem significant that once I deleted those products, the system was then happy again.

Yeah, there are a bunch of people/companies lately that I wouldn't shed a single tear if they were all boiled in oil..... Honestly, I don't know what is worse: smart hackers creating these virus programs, or dumb programmers blowing up systems with their own brand of "malware".

Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 AM   #16
bradleymoore
i use chrome when in windows, and mozilla when in freebsd/gnome and i don't have any problems.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:30 AM   #17
TailsWithScales
I use Google Chrome Beta and FireFox and have never had problems logging into the site or viewing anything.

I also will ONLY use Kaspersky or AVG.

I have Windows. Never an issue.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #18
mechnut450
I use avg free and install it on a lot of computers I repair or build for people.( I have a lot less calls about this or that program not being able to install now.) I do use IE for my net access and not really had problems.

I run windows & now but i have vista ult 64 dvd too.. I liked vista 64 cause I could make a complete image of my computer's harddrive and wipe the hd and reload the image with the cd and the external plugged in. I not tried this with windows 7 yet since it more of a pain at times to run.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:55 AM   #19
killercandy15
Has anyone ever had this same program on a mobile device? I've done everything from design webpages to writing papers on google docs on my phone. Never had any issues and yet the missing "security token" error popped up as I tried to make a photo album on my account. Everything went smooth until I went to upload them all after selecting them.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #20
WebSlave
Anyway, to address the original subject of this thread, a "missing token" error can often be caused by a cached image of the page on your browser being out of date when compared with the page on my server. This can usually be cleared up by just refreshing your browser's page to update it from my server. Of course, there is always the possibility of a cached image being "stuck" in any server between your browser and my server, and not much you can do about that except to try to wait it out. Most caches in servers get flushed eventually as new pages come through them and flush out the oldest to make room for the newest pages.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!