Sulcata coughing? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
Runs_With_Wolves
Sulcata coughing?

So my male sulcata Lulu (didn't know he was a male until about a month and a half ago) has been making these weird coughing noises. He doesn't make them every day or even all that much when he is coughing. It sounds almost like a cat trying to cough up a hairball. He also seems to do it around the mid afternoon.

He still eats and runs around like normal. Only diference is the weird cough. I think it happens more after he's eaten? I dunno.

I'm not sure of its a respiratory infection. There's no mucus in his nose or runny eyes. His tongue is still a nice and healthy pink.

Someone suggested that he did just discover his manhood and that he is just being vocal, but it still sound like a coughing hack.

Any ideas?

Old 05-26-2018, 07:28 PM   #2
Mech
Hi Emily,
I am by no means an expert.
I’ve been keeping these for 6 years.
Tell us some more information about him like his age,size,enclosure,his shell and eye appearance your husbandry and how long you have had him.
Can you posts some pics of him and where he lives?
Can you get him to a vet ASAP?
There are people here with way more knowledge than us so it’s good that you are asking.
I strongly recommend trip to the vet.
I’ve seen and heard of too many people not getting it right until it’s to late.
Good luck to you and your tort.
Andy.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #3
Runs_With_Wolves
I'll take him to the vet. It'll be expensive, but better safe than sorry.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:04 PM   #4
Mech
I once took my bearded dragon go the local expensive vet for a check up and it was just under $80.
Ended up that there wasn’t anything wrong with him but I thought it was money well spent.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:52 PM   #5
Runs_With_Wolves
Always better safe than sorry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!