Axanthic x super red? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #1
Steven26
Axanthic x super red?

OK so here goes. I have an axanthic and a super red. If I breed them what would the outcome be? Also if the babies were bred Back what would the outcome be? Im new to the iguana morphs and what makes what I've mainly stuck to balls. Thanks for info in advance

Old 12-24-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Crazyscales
F1 would be red and het blue. F2 is theorized to produce what is called pavlon indigo or purple something. It’s been a project going on before 2012 . I still haven’t seen an actual purple one yet though. If you look on the adds here in iguana sales, you’ll see the f1’s and f2’s but they the f2’s just ended up being normal reds with blue bellies. I’m currently working on 2 projects with reds because I’m not really convinced on redxred crosses actually produce the 25% super reds. I’ve seen several supposedly super reds and have bought 2 super reds who just ended up being normal reds. But I also own a red that has no green pigment but wasn’t sold to me as a super. Just red. I believe that maybe they just come from different locations. This is all just my speculations and my own quest to prove with out a doubt in my mind what’s what. There’s a lot of misinformation about iguana morphs and I’ve ended up spending thousands to learn the truth. But don’t let this discourage you. We need more breeders to share info. I wish you the best of luck!

Old 12-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
Steven26
So what would the f2 be worth?

Old 12-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
Steven26
Basically would it be worth my time to try the red and blue or just work on albinos or something else. Have to justify spending money to make money to the old lady lol

Old 12-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
Crazyscales
I definitely understand ��. Thats a tuff one though, weather or not to continue that project. The for sure bet would be albino. But if you create something new, well you’ve seen the snow iguana, right. I suggest doing what will keep you motivated in giving your iguanas the highest level of care. By no means I’m I saying you don’t now. But with iguanas it’s a long project. So it short term breeding known morphs will give you your quickest return on your investment. I’m in my 2nd year of a 6 yr project, to give you an idea of what it takes to mix genes with iguanas. May I suggest working with hypos and reds. The variety you get in f2’s are pretty stunning and all a little different. They just started coming out in America they named them translucent but that’s false. But check out what they’re doing in Thailand and Singapore. Just some amazing morphs. And most of those are mixing hypo and reds. But there’s a lot of unknown with iguana morphs and my venture will be a life long one. Best of luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!