what else do you feed you crested gecko diet to? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #1
sschind
what else do you feed you crested gecko diet to?

several months back I realized I had poured an extra dish of Pangea CGD so I decided to see if my golden gecko would eat it. He polished it off better than my cresteds did so now its a regular part of his diet as well.

I usually mix up a weeks supply in a squeeze bottle but I must have made a bit too much last week and tonight I had some left over so I decided to give a little bit to my sheltopusik and my baby blue tongue skink. By the time I had my bottle washed out the sheltopusik had half his gone already. It shouldn't have been because he was starving because he just had a dozen superworms this morning. I just peeked in on the BTS and his dish was empty as well. Its not going to be a regular part of their diet for sure but at least I know that at the end of the week I won't have any going to waste.

This got me wondering what other kinds of lizards, or any other animals for that matter, does anyone feed CGD to.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:57 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Dubia and orange head roaches -- when I mix up just a bit too much for the geckos, I'll put the extra in a dish and put it in the roach bins. Have to make sure I don't give them too much or the smaller roaches will get stuck in it.

Once in a while I'll mix some into some greens and veggies for box turtles. They don't really seem to get as excited about it as they do about some other foods (fresh cherries are their favorite, followed by that Zoo Med canned box turtle food that is a very occasional treat), but it is more variety for them.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:27 AM   #3
Necoco
Whenever we have nests of baby starlings fall into our back room, I mix it in with their wet food if I don't have fresh fruit to mash up for it.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
Herpin Man
My Chinese box turtles like it. I put leftover Pangea on their dry food.
Mourning geckos eat it too. So do crickets, dubia, invasive slugs....

Old 08-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #5
elena
I've offered it to sugar gliders before. Their natural diet is made up of insects and fruit, so I had a hunch they would like it. The little cuties would lick it right off my finger.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!