Bad Guy Jeff and Christina Wise (Wise Reptiles) Stole Money from Benefit Auctions for Maggie - Page 30 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #291
Matt2979
I first started reading this last night and the only thing that I could think to post was my feelings of shock and sickness...physical sick feelings. I was unable to pull an "all-nighter" as some of you did, but I may as well have; I did not sleep very well as this is really bothering me that someone could stoop SO low!

I was not a very big contributor, but I DID win an auction and therefor I AM involved personally so I am VERY willing to help with any investigation that we can get started. As already stated, this IS a FEDERAL OFFENSE!

If there is nothing overlooked on the Wise's behalf (and it does NOT look like there is!!) I would like nothing more than to see them rot in jail and pay for what they did to Chuck's family....as much as I want to say, "May he rest in peace", how could I expect him to do so now??

While thoughts of no more freedom (well, at least a few years for felonies on a federal level) for Jeff and Christina Wise make me ALMOST smile, they are only thoughts of retaliation and revenge.

What I would REALLY like to see is all of us pitch in what we can and take care of the Chuck's family. I'm willing to get the ball rolling with a $50 donation. As much as I wish I could do more, that's about it; however, if everyone taking time to post will do the same (whatever amount you're able), we can probably do Maggie better than the auction would have....had she ACTUALLY GOTTEN THE MONEY FROM THE WISE'S!!!!!!!

I am sincere in my gesture and hope that it will inspire others to follow. I never had the pleasure of meeting Chuck, but from reading MANY of his straight-shooting, no BS posts AND from all of his obvious TRUE friends, he was obviously a sincere, GOOD GUY!

Someone please shoot me Maggie's Paypal addy.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #292
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
I first started reading this last night and the only thing that I could think to post was my feelings of shock and sickness...physical sick feelings. I was unable to pull an "all-nighter" as some of you did, but I may as well have; I did not sleep very well as this is really bothering me that someone could stoop SO low!

I was not a very big contributor, but I DID win an auction and therefor I AM involved personally so I am VERY willing to help with any investigation that we can get started. As already stated, this IS a FEDERAL OFFENSE!

If there is nothing overlooked on the Wise's behalf (and it does NOT look like there is!!) I would like nothing more than to see them rot in jail and pay for what they did to Chuck's family....as much as I want to say, "May he rest in peace", how could I expect him to do so now??

While thoughts of no more freedom (well, at least a few years for felonies on a federal level) for Jeff and Christina Wise make me ALMOST smile, they are only thoughts of retaliation and revenge.

What I would REALLY like to see is all of us pitch in what we can and take care of the Chuck's family. I'm willing to get the ball rolling with a $50 donation. As much as I wish I could do more, that's about it; however, if everyone taking time to post will do the same (whatever amount you're able), we can probably do Maggie better than the auction would have....had she ACTUALLY GOTTEN THE MONEY FROM THE WISE'S!!!!!!!

I am sincere in my gesture and hope that it will inspire others to follow. I never had the pleasure of meeting Chuck, but from reading MANY of his straight-shooting, no BS posts AND from all of his obvious TRUE friends, he was obviously a sincere, GOOD GUY!

Someone please shoot me Maggie's Paypal addy.
I would also like to donate, please, if someone could also PM me the information needed to do so

Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #293
lanceheads
I would like to say Kudo's to DanD for ferretting out this info. If not for him alerting this to us, we may have never known. Thanks David, you rock!

Randal Berry

Old 05-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #294
cat snake
Quote from deborahbroadus:
They are ignorant, but not stupid, they are more "sly and cunning." They came in spread flattery around..did a few good deeds to break down one's natural instinct not to trust a stranger and then set us up for the BIG take.

They may be "sly and cunning" in some ways, but if they are shopping for snakes (as shown by brd7666 in post #116), then they have a continuing interest in the herp hobby and this is going to follow them around for the rest of their lives. They may be able to deal with some unsuspecting newbies but a huge percentage of the herp community will now have nothing to do with them. Bad business move.

If they had done this charity auction for real, everyone would have worked with them forever in the future. I think "stupid" is more appropriate.

Was all this worth the money when they could have "bought" themselves credibility and admiration? Not to mention the eternal consequences if there is a God.... "Stupid" seems to fit these folks.

Everyone don't forget the silver lining: Maggie knows who her real friends are, we can see who the real heroes in this event are (the GOOD folks on the BOI) and with all the expertise of all the members in various aspects of the law and in ferreting out all of the evidence of fraud, justice will be served.

They may be "sly and cunning" but taking advantage of someone like Maggie and the BOI family is "stupid" in my book!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #295
Gecko_Den
That accounting from their Chase account looks doctored as well. Notice the 13 day gap between the 3/15 debit card transaction and the check in question; their balance after the debit transaction is $3600, but after the check hits for $3500 the balance is $88.02 not $100.00 as it should be. Looks like she subtracted the previous $11.98 along with the $3500 which is incorrect as the previous balance of $3600 would have been the amount after the $11.02 was taken out and before the $3500 check was deducted. I guess she outsmarted herself in her bogus accounting....

Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #296
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat snake View Post
Quote from deborahbroadus:
They are ignorant, but not stupid, they are more "sly and cunning." They came in spread flattery around..did a few good deeds to break down one's natural instinct not to trust a stranger and then set us up for the BIG take.

They may be "sly and cunning" in some ways, but if they are shopping for snakes (as shown by brd7666 in post #116), then they have a continuing interest in the herp hobby and this is going to follow them around for the rest of their lives. They may be able to deal with some unsuspecting newbies but a huge percentage of the herp community will now have nothing to do with them. Bad business move.

If they had done this charity auction for real, everyone would have worked with them forever in the future. I think "stupid" is more appropriate.

Was all this worth the money when they could have "bought" themselves credibility and admiration? Not to mention the eternal consequences if there is a God.... "Stupid" seems to fit these folks.

Everyone don't forget the silver lining: Maggie knows who her real friends are, we can see who the real heroes in this event are (the GOOD folks on the BOI) and with all the expertise of all the members in various aspects of the law and in ferreting out all of the evidence of fraud, justice will be served.

They may be "sly and cunning" but taking advantage of someone like Maggie and the BOI family is "stupid" in my book!
I stand corrected.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #297
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
This just makes me physically ill. Is there any way to delete any karma they have granted me? It just makes me feel so dirty.....
I'm considering taking a little drive to Grand Blanc to pay a visit to the 'objects' under discussion here and ask them what they intend to do about this situation (seeing as how I unknowingly helped to line their pockets too).
It's only about an hour from work.
I need to head up to Detroit Tuesday anyhow and would love to accompany you John.

Christina,

Remember the pm Maggie sent you? Here let me refresh your memory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpster
Christina and Jeff,

Me and my kids are screwed and enough is enough. I cannot believe that you made me think you were my friends, nonetheless, like family. You need to send me at least $1,100 by Monday (May 24th) so that I can sign the girls up for camp on Tuesday the 25th. I will then expect half the remaining $2,800 two weeks later on June 7th and the last $1,400 two weeks after that on June 21st. The $450 you didn't send to Rick which he said to send to me will be expected two weeks later on July 5th. If you do not do as outlined above I will have no other choice then to tell DAND about you stealing the money donated for myself and my children. I am sure he will enjoy destroying your name and your business.
I helped Maggie compose that pm and you ignored it and then you started to try and turn it around saying Maggie was lying. Trying to gather support from other members here. You foolish little girl, you were not fooling me. Well I have a little advice for you. Here it is: Pay close attention to the bolded part above. Understand it, fear it, take it to the bank because it WILL happen. I will not rest until you BOTH pay tenfold for stealing from a friend of mine. Stealing from a widow and her children. The two of you are so low that you need to look up to see pond scum. Rest assured you will rue the day you screwed with Maggie!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #298
Gecko_Den
Also, forgot to say that if you look at the balance after the transaction immediately following the check, the $40.00 cash withdrawal, the balance went from $88.02 to $40.02, where I'm from $88.02-$40.00= $48.02 not $40.02... There are some obvious gaps in that statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den View Post
That accounting from their Chase account looks doctored as well. Notice the 13 day gap between the 3/15 debit card transaction and the check in question; their balance after the debit transaction is $3600, but after the check hits for $3500 the balance is $88.02 not $100.00 as it should be. Looks like she subtracted the previous $11.98 along with the $3500 which is incorrect as the previous balance of $3600 would have been the amount after the $11.02 was taken out and before the $3500 check was deducted. I guess she outsmarted herself in her bogus accounting....

Old 05-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #299
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpster View Post
She also told me, I'm not sure if I said this already, but that she was told they would get banned if they mentioned people backing out of the auctions and that she couldn't relist them, etc.
There is no one in position to ban someone from this site who would have told her that.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #300
LauraB
Sure enough, Sam - excellent catch!

Also, here's an image I created using the same font Christina (or Jeff?) used on the bogus check. I also have the paint.net program and downloaded the font.

Here's where the font can be downloaded:
http://www.abstractfonts.com/search/?q=festus
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
christina horn, christina wise, flint michigan, garden of eden lawn care, jeff wise, wise reptiles