Bad Guy Jeff and Christina Wise (Wise Reptiles) Stole Money from Benefit Auctions for Maggie - Page 49 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #481
R. Eventide
"There are no words in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of men...for this treachery."

I can't say I'm surprised, though. Sadly. (I didn't say anything because I had no reason to...and I felt bad for even being suspicious of them. And for the record, it wasn't because of anything about them in particular; anyone running an auction like that I'd be immediately suspicious of. I'm automatically suspicious of everyone, and it's a habit of mine I've been trying to get out of. Guess I just took a few large steps backward.)

They owe Maggie $500 on my end...with no fees taken out! If I remember correctly, I couldn't get the "gift" option to remove the fees, so I paid them. (Might've just been the shipping to Shadera, though; I'd have to check.) So you're right, Harald: the "gift" option no longer excludes fees.

I can screenshot my Paypal stuff after work, but I will confirm that I did receive Shadera's two snakes and feed cards. (THANK YOU!) Though, I feel guilty now that I have someone else's snakes that were donated...and paid to scammers.

To the person who contacted their credit card company: what was the verdict? I'd like to give that a go, too, if it's being accepted. If I can get the money refunded, it's going directly to Maggie.

Maggie, if you don't get all of your money back, I have a clutch of Lessers/normals hatching soon, and if I can make $500 out of it, I will send it your way.

And something else that makes me sad: How am I going to look at the two beautiful snakes I got without thinking of this?

Old 05-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #482
DAND
Again folks I ask that this stays on track. Again the track we all should be wanting to stay on is getting Maggie the monies owed. On that note I have arranged to meet with Jeff tomorrow morning to pick up some animals to be sold so the proceeds can be sent to Maggie. Stay tuned.....

Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #483
Foschi Exotic Serpents
This is apalling. I found out about this from another forum I frequent. Had I been one of the people that bought an animal from one of these auctions I would have believed "Strictly Exotics" feeling if I had been told. I often get those same feelings if someone is doing wrong. Im very sorry to hear this happened but I am glad it was uncovered and truth is out. People like that are worthless IMO. Utterly worthless and not deserving to be walking around.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #484
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike_Force_Reptiles View Post
HAD ANOTHER IDEA WHAT ABOUT POSTING IT IN REPTILE MAGAZINE??
I have talked to someone from RM... he said he didnt know if they would or could print it... but he would pass it along to the editoral staff and that I may be getting a call back.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #485
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Again folks I ask that this stays on track. Again the track we all should be wanting to stay on is getting Maggie the monies owed. On that note I have arranged to meet with Jeff tomorrow morning to pick up some animals to be sold so the proceeds can be sent to Maggie. Stay tuned.....

If they are healthy and ready to go bro get me a list. I will help in anyway I can....I will put that list out to everyone I know

Old 05-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #486
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
If they are healthy and ready to go bro get me a list. I will help in anyway I can....I will put that list out to everyone I know
I know they have other reptiles, but the only one I remember reading about in chat was their beardie that got bit by their dog or something. It's leg was broken, and they said that the vet just told them to wait for it to fall off. If I remember correctly, Deb and I were talking to Christina about it and she mentioned that the leg had fallen off (after a couple months) and she was in a panic trying to find something to stop the bleeding.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #487
LauraB
My apologies, Dave, for taking it OT -

And you, my friend, are totally The Man for stepping up, speaking out and now collecting the snakes that rightfully should be sold immediately to reimburse Maggie.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #488
akaangela
Yes let me know as well. I will see what I can scrape up.

Maggie hang in there. We are 100% behind you and your kids

Old 05-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #489
HyderHouseHerps
I want to throw up now, but I'd like to say I'm really glad to be a member of such a supportive group of people. Is there a thread yet for people to be made aware of the address to send direct donations for the Kimmel family?

Old 05-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #490
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
I know they have other reptiles, but the only one I remember reading about in chat was their beardie that got bit by their dog or something. It's leg was broken, and they said that the vet just told them to wait for it to fall off. If I remember correctly, Deb and I were talking to Christina about it and she mentioned that the leg had fallen off (after a couple months) and she was in a panic trying to find something to stop the bleeding.

WOW..... I am hoping that the animals are healthy... Dave will be able to fix them up.. I know the animals they got from my buddy Rich were healthy when they got them... WE will see....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
christina horn, christina wise, flint michigan, garden of eden lawn care, jeff wise, wise reptiles