Bad Guy Jeff and Christina Wise (Wise Reptiles) Stole Money from Benefit Auctions for Maggie - Page 151 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #1501
82shovel
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebider View Post

What about the animals? Is there any way of getting back those unpaid critters that are in the Wises' possession (especially since it seems apparent that Christina, at least, is not a reptile person and just saw our community as a terrific scam opportunity)?.

The people that sent animals to them should file a claim to have the Post Master General investigate for possible fraud....

Old 05-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #1502
Shadera
Those IC3 folks move quickly. I got some paperwork RE this from my state Attorney General asking for more info today. I expect to hear from other agencies soon as well.

If you were directly involved, make sure you send out that IC3 complaint form.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

It looks a bit intimidating at first, but it only takes a little bit of time to complete, most of that being your actual complaint.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #1503
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Those IC3 folks move quickly. I got some paperwork RE this from my state Attorney General asking for more info today. I expect to hear from other agencies soon as well.

It looks a bit intimidating at first, but it only takes a little bit of time to complete, most of that being your actual complaint.
That is fantastic news!!

Old 05-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #1504
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post

Just for the record.

Complaint Referral Form

Internet Crime Complaint Center

Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Your complaint has been submitted. Once processed by the IC3, you will be sent an email containing your complaint id and password to be used for future contacts with the IC3. This process can take several hours.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #1505
aquariumdenizens
I would suggest writing a synopsis of what happened (Similar to what was already posted here). Keep it short, clear and concise so people outside of the forum can follow it easily. Use this synopsis as a press release.

Organize, move swiftly, conduct an all out media blitz.

Choosing one or two spokespeople as contacts to be available for follow up interviews from the media would be a good idea.

Don't only focus on the local Michigan media but conduct an all out media blitz.
Have members send the press release to all of their own local town,city state media sources. College papers, local cable access television may also be a great resource. Most major newpspapers and tv stations have websites and email contact info.
Be sure to send it to the editor but also email EVERY contact listed on said sites.
Send it out to the sports person, weather person, human interests person etc.

Some basic rules to follow with a press release are:

First you need to get passed spam filters, to help do this follow these guidelines.
DO NOT include the word "free" in your message. Such as free offer, free download etc.
Don't use all capitol letters.
No large fonts.
If links are included, DON'T USE the words "click here" or anything similar.

Use [Story idea] in the subject line. An example would be :

[Story idea] Couple accused of stealing funds from grieving widow, and father.
Personalize the release to each person you send it to if possible. A standard press release can be used but it's better if you include the
news source's and reporters name if possible.
An example would be:

"Dear (reporter's full name),
I thought this might be an interesting story for your (publication name) (readers / viewers / listeners). I would be happy to speak with you in more detail if you wish and can be reached at (your email) or (spokesperson's email)."
Make sure to follow up with everyone it is sent to a day or two after it's sent out.
Places to send it to could include, local and statewide newspapers,radio stations, college papers,radio shows.

National news sources such as ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX Associated Press, The Onion and of the cable news networks.
Use the resources of the members of various online communities to help spread the word.
The herp keeping / breeding world is huge but the "campain" can be expanded to include all animal related communities as well. And there is an endless resource of bloggers, pet shops, college students that could be enlisted as well.
The surest way of getting local media attention would be to solicit college students and get them involved. College students have historically been able to bring attention to causes that they feel are unjust.

A list of media sources contacted along with their contact information could be posted somewhere such as Fauna or elsewhere and then each person involved in the "campain" could use this list to add to their own "send to" list. The result of hundreds, thousands of press releases surely would be noticed somewhere.
If the story does get picked up ANYWHERE, be sure to include that fact in your follow up with whoever you originally contacted with this story.

I hope this will prove helpful.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #1506
Killer Chams
The Unwises arent welcome down here in Texas. If they do show up down here the reptile community will be glad to give them a proper welcome. We dont like people like you down here Jeffy, So you better book it to Nigeria or somewhere like that where all the other internet scammers reside.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #1507
crissabella
I've e-mailed my local news channels with all the information, and i received a call from one of them, Channel 7, for more information, which i thought, "Oh, good sign", but after talking with the woman for about a half hour, she told me that unfortunately they would not do a piece on them, since it isn't a local story. She said if it was based in Massachusetts, then they would have been all over it,but again, not local.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #1508
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissabella View Post
I've e-mailed my local news channels with all the information, and i received a call from one of them, Channel 7, for more information, which i thought, "Oh, good sign", but after talking with the woman for about a half hour, she told me that unfortunately they would not do a piece on them, since it isn't a local story. She said if it was based in Massachusetts, then they would have been all over it,but again, not local.
Maybe SHE can contact another reporter in Michigan? I think it would be more credible coming from a peer

Old 05-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #1509
DAND
Well I have finishing going over the pay-pal numbers (finally) (I'll attach the numbers after I go over them one more time after I take a break from all this sitting).

She claimed to following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseReptiles View Post
BLACK is MAGGIES AUCTIONS/ PURPLE IS RICKS AUCTIONS/ RED IS SPLIT AUCTIONS
Total for Maggie- 5,453 Total for Rick- 908

DISCLAIMER- The amounts above do not account for paypal fees, they are a total from the winning bids!
She claimed the above numbers totaling $6,361 were the amounts collected prior to the fees being removed. My numbers show that there was $6,786.62 collected after the fees were assessed, which is an additional $425.62 dollars these two have pocketed.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #1510
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldwurm View Post
Maybe SHE can contact another reporter in Michigan? I think it would be more credible coming from a peer
I actually asked that, and she said i should do it, so that's gonna be my next step, and i'm still waiting to hear from the other channels, so hopefully one will run with it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
christina horn, christina wise, flint michigan, garden of eden lawn care, jeff wise, wise reptiles