Bad Guy Jeff and Christina Wise (Wise Reptiles) Stole Money from Benefit Auctions for Maggie - Page 61 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #601
bear
wow... This is crazy, I cant believe this happened, people seem to be going lower and lower lately.. Christina contacted me a month ago trying to trade my cinny ball python for a website design. she claimed she designed boarepublic.com. I wonder if any of that was true. Either way im glad i didnt do the deal. She is local too, my wife works in flint, its only 20-30 minutes from me..

Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #602
Herpster
[quote=scaledverts;957234]

DAND you rock for

Everything. Good night friend.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:02 AM   #603
Herpster
[quote=Herpster;957243]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post

DAND you rock for

Everything. Good night friend.

I obviously didn't do that right, but I hope you know what I meant!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:02 AM   #604
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
You obviously have not been here long enough to remember what happened what I called Chris Johnson out in a rather similar circumstance. Many people will vehemently defend a "feel good" lie over a hurtful truth. Anyone doing so in this case would have been in EXTREME jeopardy of being absolutely BLASTED for appearing to throw a wet blanket on what appeared to be an altruistic gesture by the Wise's.

I don't blame them one little bit for not grabbing that nettle....

Sorry if I am behind the curve replying to these posts. This thread is progressing a LOT faster than I can find time to read it...
Ed Clark called them out and look how we reacted..... Granted it was Ed, but still he had proof and we tried our best to tear it apart.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #605
zzzdanz
Ed did call them out but I believe he also made up an e-mail on that thread as well.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #606
StrictlyExotics
Fri, March 26, 2010 8:02:43 AMRe: Concerns
To: Dean Stemple <sales@strictlyexotics.net>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long have they been close, though? I don't notice anything substantially different about Alex's site compared to when I made my purchase last year...though he did comment about a new run of Tshirts.

Harald Moore

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: XXXXXX
Sent: Fri, March 26, 2010 7:08:30 AM
Subject: Re: Concerns

On the Website, Nick designed it then thats ok. I am not totally in disbelief then. Nick and the Wise's have become really close. Thanks for letting me voice my concerns.

Dean

To: Dean Stemple <sales@strictlyexotics.net>
Sent: Fri, March 26, 2010 4:45:19 AM
Subject: Re: Concerns

I have had similar concerns, and, told Christina when this first started that she would likely be called upon to show that all the money was going to the intended parties.
I'll contact Alex about whether he has had any work done by Christina...but the site itself says designed by polasian studio

Harald Moore

To: XXXXX
Sent: Thu, March 25, 2010 10:58:28 PM
Subject: Concerns

Harald,

As the title describes, I am haiving some concerns regarding a couple of things. I know that this is probably not something that you are looking forward to as I am not looking forward to even writing it. Anyhow...

Is there any way that we can check to make sure that all of the auction money is getting to the right people. I am really concerned that not all of it is getting to where it should be going. I have noticed some changes with Jeff and Chrisitna that makes me worried about it. They, the familes should have thousands now, as I have bid on most every auction there has been. If the money is in fact getting to the right people, I dont have an issue with this whatsoever. I am not close to either Rick or Maggie so I wouldnt know how to ask them if they have been receiving all of the money that the auctions have generated for them.

I also notice that, both Jeff and Christina seem to be going on shopping sprees within Fauna. I dont know if they have actually spent money in Fauna but I do wonder myself. Because they do interact with me, I know some new things that they have puchased, Windows 7, rats, stuff to build racks, etc. The part that really throws me off is that Jeff's work seems seasonal, mowing lawns and I dont think Christina is employed at all. Now this doesnt mean that they have no income, but I cant see that the possible income that they are bringing in can generate that much flow to afford some of these things.

The other concern that I have is that Christina has claimed to have made the website, BoaRepublic.com. I know you have had dealing with them because I saw it when I did your feedback. Is there a subtle way that you could find out for sure for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to say that no, they did not have it done by her. If Nick created it, I could associate him with them regarding the actual website.

Christina told me that their website design was like 25k because of other stuff they did, like T-Shirt designs and so forth. When we asked her about some of the stuff, her answers seemed very vague, like why the cost was so high. I cant remember the last time a website was THAT pricey.

I really hope I am wrong here but my intuition tells me that I am not. I am a decent read of people and this one is really eating at me.

Thank you for helping me.

Dean Stemple

__________________________________________________ ______________

I will address one thing that was asked of me, why didnt I bring this to public attention. Why would I bring this to public attention, especially to the person who told me today in chat that they dont trust me anyhow?
__________________________________________________ ______________

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 1:57 AM, Dean Stemple <Dean@strictlyexotics.net> wrote:

I will keep it between you and I but if thats the site she is using for her "portfolio" she should use one a little less dramatic.

Thank you sir and no hurry on mine.

Dean

To: Dean Stemple <Dean@strictlyexotics.net>
Sent: Sat, March 27, 2010 12:46:55 AM
Subject: Re: Hey Dean, its Nick...

Sigh...well, I didn't know she was so vocal about it. You're correct, I've never done a single website with her. Boarepublic was the very first job that I ever did (6 or 7 years ago), and I only met Christina (via FC) about a month or so ago?!?! I told her to keep my name out of the Chuck auctions, so that she can take the credit for the new sites and promote her new website designing venture. However, I really didn't think she'd be running around taking credit for ALL my jobs?!?!

This MIGHT be a misunderstanding, though. I told her that she can be the marketing agent for my future jobs. This would entail her calling potential leads to get my foot through the door, so I can book clients. I also told her that Polasian and Wise Guy Web Design (or whatever she will call it) can occasionally collaborate on projects. So...maybe thats what she meant? Like..."I am working with Polasian now, and we did Boarepublic."...? Technically, she is (although in a TINY way) working with Polasian now (or WILL be working)...so maybe thats how she meant for it to sound?

She seems like a sweet girl, and shes doing so much to help Chuck that I wanted her to get the pat's on the back...not me. I dont need them...I'm content helping out from the shadows LOL. I'm the most relaxed dude on earth...it doesn't bother me too much that shes saying that. As long as she doesn't somehow cost me potential biz. But I do appreciate you telling me (I'll be a bit more cautious with her)...and no worries...I hate drama, so this stays between you and I. I wont confront her about it.

I just hope that she doesn't dig herself into a grave, though. Eventually, if it ever comes out that I'm a web designer, and show people my portfolio...people might be like "HUH??? I thought Christina did that job???" In which case the cat will be out of the bag. I can just see ED resurrecting his "are they liars" thread over this. So I hope she is careful with how loud she talks about "her" sites.

As far as trading snakes for sites...yes...she is learning web design, so thats how she is currently taking payment. She asked me if i will help her out a bit (helping HER out really means ME doing 80% of the work) ...and I said no problem. Right now, it would take me a day to make a site that will take her a couple weeks (she is still learning)...so I have no problem "helping" her out . However, I did tell her that ALL-FLASH sites are off limits. I will not help her with those, because she doesn't know anything relevant about the Flash program yet. So that will be me doing 100% of the work...and thats just too much. So yea, snakes for sites is all good...I am aware that she is doing that.

We will work on your site and David's site first...so dont worry about there being any delay. I told her not to take on any jobs until we finish yours first.

OK, thanks Dean, I do appreciate you letting me know...and no worries, this will stay between us.

Thanks man,
Nick

I'm the most relaxed dude you'll ever meet...I'm not one who runs around saying "i did that, i did that, that was all me." . Obviously, Christina is that type of person...

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Dean Stemple <Dean@strictlyexotics.net> wrote:

Nick,

You know that I have a ton of respect for you so I really hope you can keep what I say private. Someone is taking credit for your design work sir. I know you are "helping" them with the designs and so forth but I think you are being shortchanged.

I was told by Christina, that she designed BoaRepublic.com by herself, with you consulting her. Now I know better being that I can look it up fairly easily as well as make some inquiries. The thing that is getting to me is that, not only that, but she is trying to sell a lot of website design as well. She has been telling me that she is trading for snakes with this person and that person. I dont see how this all works out for you.

This is just my .02 as I am concerned someone who is going to end up doing most of the work is going to be cut out. Also, I truly thought the deisgn work you were going to do with her was strictly for Chucks family, which I dont see trading for snakes is going to help them.

I still want to work with you but I dont know how this is going to work for you.

Thank you,

Dean

To: Dean@strictlyexotics.net
Sent: Fri, March 26, 2010 10:46:29 PM
Subject: Hey Dean, its Nick...

Hey,

I got your PM. You can E-mail me on this address whenever you want.

Thanks Dean,
Nick

Old 05-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #607
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpster View Post
I obviously didn't do that right, but I hope you know what I meant!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:18 AM   #608
zzzdanz
Dean I think your reputation here is as solid as it gets,and I know I'm not the only one that's feels that way.For someone to claim they don't trust you anyhow?..What is that lack of trust based on I'ld ask?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #609
StrictlyExotics
I addressed my concerns. Thats all I felt like I could do, other then to ignore the Wise's and remove myself from posting in any other auction had there been anymore. I even left the site for awhile because I was bothered. I mean, I read posts, but I stopped posting. I had a sick aweful feeling and it got worse when the dollar amounts were posted.

I felt like I accused people of wrongdoing and they were on the up and up at that point. I didnt want to post those emails but now, I felt like I needed to. People ask why I didnt make it public a long time ago? How could I? Especially when I am asked by somone who makes it blatantly obvious to me that they dont trust me to begin with "because I am new", what would a public announcement have done? I would have been shredded either way.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #610
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Did someone call?I didn't have much to do with the auction except to make a "test" run to see if it was actually on the up and up...and the events that transpired drew Dean under my suspicion too . He was buying stuff like mad at rock bottom prices (nah, I ain't mad at him..just showing how my mind works).

I also didn't say much when Ed was accusing the two of them, because even a broke clock can be right twice a day and I really didn't see why he would pull such a lie out of thin air...ummm Sometimes, it's just best to shut up when people want to see the 'good' in everyone.
As for the "rock bottom" prices, I dont see this either. I won 2 auctions total and donated some cash plus a snake in other auctions.

I won 2 geckos at 100.00 + 60.00 shipping. Can someone tell me how this is "rock-bottom"?

I also won some custom t-shirts AND... I even offered them to you at YOUR final bid price Deb. I would have paid the difference being that ALL I really wanted to do was donate some more money and have something to show for it so I wouldnt have to explain. Its not like I beat by you by a dollar, I beat you by 35.00.

You ask me why I didnt make a public announcement as to why I didnt say anything but you tell me TODAY that you dont even trust me anyhow. The question I have is why didnt you being that you arent "new" and may have garnered some trust here. You felt the same way I did and took the same routes I did about your feelings but, you have no issues calling me out about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
christina horn, christina wise, flint michigan, garden of eden lawn care, jeff wise, wise reptiles