Bad Guy Big Apple Herp - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #11
Izoid
Thanks for the heads up on Sharon Moore. I actually have 7 of her boas in my home and they are all top notch!

Old 08-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izoid View Post
Thank you Carlene, I think you got what I was trying to say all along.

Unfortunately Lucille has chosen to make assumptions regarding my motivation without any idea of who I am or what I am all about. Please stop making statements about me as a person and what my intentions are, you have no idea.

You bring your agreements out to the public, you don't get to pick and choose what the public says. Sounds to me like you had a nice cozy dis planned for BA. And, at this point, to be fair, we don't know, they haven't offered their side. How bout those vet proof papers I asked for, you got 'em, let's see em.

Carlene's assumptions are way better than Lucille's assumptions, because they fit in with your plans, right?

Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #13
Izoid
Thank you for your opinions on the matter but I really do not care to be subjected to your personal insults and misguided attacks on me as a person and my intentions. Believe what you want....all I can say is that you are absolutely wrong.

I have nothing else to say to you Lucille.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #14
Carlene16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
You bring your agreements out to the public, you don't get to pick and choose what the public says. Sounds to me like you had a nice cozy dis planned for BA. And, at this point, to be fair, we don't know, they haven't offered their side. How bout those vet proof papers I asked for, you got 'em, let's see em.

Carlene's assumptions are way better than Lucille's assumptions, because they fit in with your plans, right?

I just think that if you are going to sell an animal it should be in perfect health, ESPECIALLY if your TOS says this...

"We further guarantee that all reptiles and amphibians will be absolutely healthy upon arrival."

Both of those snakes were not in health, anyone can tell from that picture. Obviously something was wrong with the first one as well since it died 12 hours later. A new snake was given, a female, worth more, but ALSO in bad shape. A refund was offered once he saw the new snake was in bad health as well, and the buyer should have taken it BUT I think he was more concerned for the health of the animal. You can't ship an animal that dehydrated. I completely understand both sides here! I just don't think biggle apple herp knows a lot about boas if they are selling "late 2008 or early 2009 boas" that are that little, my late 2009 boa is three times that size! It just doesn't sound like they know a lot about boas. Maybe I am completely wrong, maybe this was just a bad bunch of boas. I just have sympathy for the buyer I guess.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #15
Matt2979
First of all, Mike, I sent you an e-mail just a few minutes ago to see how this little girl was doing. I was truly hoping the best. I'm sorry that it did not turn out that way!

I will say that I have been to Mike's home and have personally witnessed his collection. I did so when delivering a few animals in a trade for a couple of his. His collection really IS in great condition (thermostats producing the proper temps which were verified by good thermometers, clean tubs and enclosures of the proper size, fresh water in each, right at 80 degrees in the room dedicated to these animals...everything looked awesome).

Part of the reason that I agreed to meet Mike at his home to make this trade was because I wanted to see where my new animals were coming from. I was totally ready to back-out of our deal if what I saw was not up to par. The ONLY animal (and I did inspect EVERY animal in his collection, even though I was afraid I was intruding) out of the ordinary was this poor little girl that he's started this BOI thread about.

While I do agree with Lucille that you should produce the vet's findings (not because I don't believe you, but because I believe in providing proof of any accusations brought to the attention of the BOI), I will put my own name on the line to say that Mike's husbandry is NOT the fault of this boa passing.

And, while I also believe that there is probably no money to be refunded after Mike's turning down their initial offer, I also COMPLETELY understand his not wanting to ship this animal in it's terrible health!!

Personally, after seeing in person what Big Apple sent Mike Izo, I will NEVER buy an animal from them. They should ashamed at what they sent out for profit. That animal should have been put down at their facility...PERIOD! Never should it have been sold to anyone!!!!

Matt Jackson

Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #16
David Scarboro
Quote:
Thank you for your opinions on the matter but I really do not care to be subjected to your personal insults and misguided attacks on me as a person and my intentions. Believe what you want....all I can say is that you are absolutely wrong.

You brought this here,. You have offered no proof whatsoever. Lucille has every right to speak her piece. It's a 2 way street...

Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #17
Lucille
Quote:

So about the vet papers with the diagnosis, I imagine all this not wanting to talk to me, is because you don't have them, correct

Carlene,
You may be right about how the snakes looked to you, although at that point, the OP should have shipped and collected his refund.
After all, the critter lived another 2 months and actually we have no proof of what it died from since the OP is not providing vet receipts. I do think we need to give BA a chance to respond.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #18
Izoid
Thank you Matt. Your personal support is much appreciated.

I do agree with you and Lucille that I do not have a good case for a refund. I decided to keep the snake. Not because I was hoping to do anything except nurse it back to health.

I hope this thread can be kept on track and we can focus on the animal. I am not looking for money out of this, I really am not.

I will need to get a necropsy performed in order to get documentation for an official cause of death. My feedback here was all from my conversation with the vet when he performed his exam.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #19
Izoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
You brought this here,. You have offered no proof whatsoever. Lucille has every right to speak her piece. It's a 2 way street...
So....pictures of the snake, in terrible condition are not proof of anything? How about another members eyewitness account about my husbandry and the condition of the snake?

Do you want a copy of the vet bill showing what was performed? The vet bill does not show anything except what procedures were performed. Again, I will need a necropsy for an "official cause of death".

Old 08-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #20
Lucille
Quote:
I am not looking for money out of this, I really am not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izoid
I have informed them that I would expect either a full refund or a store credit in the full purchase amount. If they do not agree I will take them to small claims court and request vet bill and necropsy cost in addition to the sales price.
Hmmm.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!