Bad Guy Big Apple Herp - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Izoid
What I would expect from them is a little sympathy, an expression of concern for the animal of some sort. Since they have chosen not to display any care or concern for their animal or for me as a customer I have chosen to let people know.

I do not feel that they have the responsibility to refund the money, I do believe that they are legally liable for the animal and its passing (based on my conversation with the vet), thus my comments regarding small claims court.

They sold an animal that was clearly in bad shape, that is the real issue here. Regardless of whether it lived or died, they sold not one but two, very sickly boas. You all have seen the pictures of the replacement animal, decide for yourself. Is this animal one that you would ever expect to get from a reputable breeder?

Old 08-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #22
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izoid View Post
So....pictures of the snake, in terrible condition are not proof of anything? How about another members eyewitness account about my husbandry and the condition of the snake?

Do you want a copy of the vet bill showing what was performed? The vet bill does not show anything except what procedures were performed. Again, I will need a necropsy for an "official cause of death".
They are proof that you got a snake that looked in terrible health. I have not questioned your husbandry. You did state that you wanted a refund and compensation for the bills, now you say that "it is not about the money". All Lucille was asking for was both sides of the story. You can't just give a bunch of statements, hint that you have or will have proof, then get indignant when someone asks for it. You may very well be correct and Big Apple may be at fault, but it is also about how you handle yourself. Tell it straight, and do not contradict yourself, you will be fine.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #23
Izoid
I only asked for money after they sent me the email that I posted earlier. They really have a care less attitude about their animals. If you read my email you will see that I left it up to them to propose what they thought was fair. I was offended by the lack of concern in their response and that is why I asked for the refund.

I never meant to insinuate that I had proof as all I have is a $230 vet receipt. What I have said is what my vet told me. It is the truth and you can choose to believe it or not. Again, look at the pictures.

I posted this issue 2 months ago on another site and got great feedback on how to care for her. I am not making any of this up and I would direct you to the photos and the eyewitness account of the snake.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #24
Izoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
They are proof that you got a snake that looked in terrible health.
That is what this thread is all about. Let's not loose focus of what I got and what you might get if you buy from them.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #25
JordanAng420
What I think is being asked for when "vet records" are mentioned, are the actual medical records...like, the notes that the doctor made regarding the animal, and anything that was said to the owner, recommendations that were made, etc. All that stuff is supposed to be kept on file and legally you have the right to have copies of those records, and it is illegal for any vet clinic to decline to give them to you.

That being said, is it possible for you to ask for the medical record of this animal to provide proof of this veterinarians opinion that it was possibly a congenital defect?

Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #26
Izoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
What I think is being asked for when "vet records" are mentioned, are the actual medical records...like, the notes that the doctor made regarding the animal, and anything that was said to the owner, recommendations that were made, etc. All that stuff is supposed to be kept on file and legally you have the right to have copies of those records, and it is illegal for any vet clinic to decline to give them to you.

That being said, is it possible for you to ask for the medical record of this animal to provide proof of this veterinarians opinion that it was possibly a congenital defect?
That is helpful information, thank you. I went to the yesterday, Saturday and found the animal dead this morning, Sunday. I will swing by his office this week and ask for that information.

This all happened over the past 24 hours so please forgive me for not having everything ready to post here. I work on getting it.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #27
JordanAng420
You are very welcome. Also, if you haven't already put him in the freezer, go ahead and put him in the fridge. The freezer compromises the results of the necropsy. Good luck, looking foreward to seeing that patient's medical file.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #28
JudyC
I don't see why Lucille had to assume you only kept the snake to "hedge your bets"...but beyond that assumption, she has a valid point that Big Apple does not continue to hold an obligation to that animal after you CHOOSE to keep it and decline the refund.

I do believe your motives were in the best interest of the animal. And I believe you are well within your rights to share your full experience here so that others can make a choice about buying live animals from Big Apple based on what they may read here. Personally, I've only bought dry goods from them, and had excellent service. But the same is often said of LLL...excellent products, but don't buy live animals for shipment. It's worth knowing if someone has this kind of experience with Big Apple.

But you are wrong to demand any sort of compensation at this stage of the game. Sorry. I commend you for giving the animal the best care you could...it was a risk you chose to accept when you kept it.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #29
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I don't see why Lucille had to assume you only kept the snake to "hedge your bets"...but beyond that assumption, she has a valid point that Big Apple does not continue to hold an obligation to that animal after you CHOOSE to keep it and decline the refund.

I do believe your motives were in the best interest of the animal. And I believe you are well within your rights to share your full experience here so that others can make a choice about buying live animals from Big Apple based on what they may read here. Personally, I've only bought dry goods from them, and had excellent service. But the same is often said of LLL...excellent products, but don't buy live animals for shipment. It's worth knowing if someone has this kind of experience with Big Apple.

But you are wrong to demand any sort of compensation at this stage of the game. Sorry. I commend you for giving the animal the best care you could...it was a risk you chose to accept when you kept it.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #30
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post

Sorry..I meant this one lol...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!