Bad Guy Big Apple Herp - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #51
leolsdy
just wondering what is this steves last name if someone has got it.thank u if u do

Old 11-07-2010, 05:56 AM   #52
sagespyder@yahoo.com
i have read this a few times and this is all i have to say about it. On their website, if you order off the website, they do not post pics off all the reptiles they have for sell. I will not buy a reptile unless i have seen a pic of it first. there are times when you get a bad one. i picked a bearded dragon in san diego ca and when i got home i finished paying it off but when it was shipped to me it died in the first week. they sent me pics of what they had on hand and i paid shipping got get it to ga from ca. that is all. but i will never buy an animal without pics first. period. I don't care who you are or what you do. I need to make sure that i am getting what i paid for and i need pics of it first. if you just buy a female cham then there is no way knowing until you get it what it is that you are getting. that is my opinion.

thanks for letting me post!

Old 04-05-2017, 04:36 AM   #53
Zzzz
Thumbs down Rotten apple

This package was well packed that's the positive. Now for the rest, no directions to speak of just a paper of an example of something that's probably not what you got. I watched the Youtube video on the guy putting it together it doesn't go that easy. First off I got the the wide horizontal and the way these cages are designed that cage has two pieces for the bottom the place down the middle for a divider I didn't want the problem there is you have these holes down the middle of the cage and they Supply nothing to plug them. I have two baby corn snakes who could either Escape or be killed or injured trying. So I guess you duct tape it or something ridiculous. It really is pretty difficult to get the front and backed to fit in the slots. I followed the little one paper diagram with few words I set the back-end first as it directed and first thing I notice is two two and a half to 3 inch long deep scratches I figured it was the back I can live with it then I set the front in I noticed a crack all the way across the upper corner which demonstrated just how flimsy and cheap the plastic is very thin and brittle. This cage cost way too much for its very cheap terrible design. I called them right away and got an answering machine also email them the pictures. I am not excited about having to go through and deal with this piece of junk. Probably want me to pay for return shipping and maybe a restocking fee on this damaged item, but if it goes smoothly I will update this review, if I liked it I wanted to buy another it's up to you but I think it's a waste of money. Days later getting the runaround from Andy at Big Apple. He says he did not receive photos, then can you send a different photo circled, doesn't want to discuss a return. If you buy a cage without the dividers extra bottom of cage shown in last picture you got holes big enough for baby corn snakes to escape, be injured or killed, he said to use some gorilla tape....lol. bad bad bad this is a terrible product, service and well I don't need a and. I told him on the third day, you pay this price for anything you shouldn't have to use tape to make it functionable. I need a cage !

Old 04-05-2017, 08:36 AM   #54
bcr229
Which enclosure did you order?

Old 04-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #55
Snake-Queen
Pictures may also be helpful.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #56
crotalusadamanteus
Trying my best to figure out just exactly what you're trying to say. It's almost like you're having a conversation with yourself the way it jumps around. I get the part where you bought a cage you obviously aren't happy with, but the rest is a mess to try and follow. Some pictures of your specific complaint might help. Did you buy a Boa cage for a Cornsnake? Is that why the holes are too big to keep them in?

I'm trying, but I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzz View Post
This package was well packed that's the positive. Now for the rest, no directions to speak of just a paper of an example of something that's probably not what you got. I watched the Youtube video on the guy putting it together it doesn't go that easy. First off I got the the wide horizontal and the way these cages are designed that cage has two pieces for the bottom the place down the middle for a divider I didn't want the problem there is you have these holes down the middle of the cage and they Supply nothing to plug them. I have two baby corn snakes who could either Escape or be killed or injured trying. So I guess you duct tape it or something ridiculous. It really is pretty difficult to get the front and backed to fit in the slots. I followed the little one paper diagram with few words I set the back-end first as it directed and first thing I notice is two two and a half to 3 inch long deep scratches I figured it was the back I can live with it then I set the front in I noticed a crack all the way across the upper corner which demonstrated just how flimsy and cheap the plastic is very thin and brittle. This cage cost way too much for its very cheap terrible design. I called them right away and got an answering machine also email them the pictures. I am not excited about having to go through and deal with this piece of junk. Probably want me to pay for return shipping and maybe a restocking fee on this damaged item, but if it goes smoothly I will update this review, if I liked it I wanted to buy another it's up to you but I think it's a waste of money. Days later getting the runaround from Andy at Big Apple. He says he did not receive photos, then can you send a different photo circled, doesn't want to discuss a return. If you buy a cage without the dividers extra bottom of cage shown in last picture you got holes big enough for baby corn snakes to escape, be injured or killed, he said to use some gorilla tape....lol. bad bad bad this is a terrible product, service and well I don't need a and. I told him on the third day, you pay this price for anything you shouldn't have to use tape to make it functionable. I need a cage !

Old 04-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #57
tlmoon
Baby corns you are going to want to keep in small containers at first. Can you show us which cage you ordered and pics would be helpful. I don't think his advice about using sticky tape is good - that should be avoided with snakes who can get badly stuck on it.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #58
KNOBTAIL
I had a bad experience with them several years ago. Learned my lesson. Its a bad operation. I find it amazing that people still do business with him !

Old 04-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #59
SiXandSeven8ths
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
I had a bad experience with them several years ago. Learned my lesson. Its a bad operation. I find it amazing that people still do business with him !
They have a nice looking website, it would be very easy to be taken in.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #60
DLenaRuth999s
I totally bought in to their professional YouTube presentation of an adult Miami corn...Steve showed the corn really well...healthy, very friendly. The store confirmed availability. Sent a very healthy, friendly normal corn... and it was too darn bad for me, unless I wanted to pay shipping to return her. I won't do any kind of business with them. Ethics matter to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!