specter or YB, pastel specter or pastel YB? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
stevek123
specter or YB, pastel specter or pastel YB?

OK is there an easy way to distinguish a YB from a Specter or a pastel YB from a pastel specter? I would hate to sell a buyer a YB (pastel YB) and have it turn out to be a specter (pastel specter), or worst yet to sell someone what I thought was a specter (pastel specter) but have it turn out as a YB (pastel yb).

Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
dustinNMpythons
You can tell but it takes an eye for it. YB is going to have flames and specters usually have thin bands that go down to the belly. Post pics up and we can help you.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
snakesRkewl
yb's and specters are quite different looking from each other imo.
I haven't made pastel versions but I have no doubt they'd be easy to tell which is which.

Specter X yellowbelly

Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
stevek123
Thanks Guys, I haven't got to that point yet of actually having them, I just understand that differentiating between the two of them can be tricky. When I do find myself undecided if a YB or specter I will definitely post up some pic's and ask for your help

Old 10-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #5
EatBeets
I could be wrong, but shouldn't a yellowbelly have a clean belly all the way down with speckling on the sides, and a specter does not necessarily have a clear belly?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!