Best bulbs for large enclosure - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-05-2016, 03:09 PM   #1
birdman123
Best bulbs for large enclosure

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking into bulbs for my tegu enclosure. It was recently built made out of 3/4" oak wood with drylok for sealant. I unfortunately had to roll with 6x4 for right now but I intend on building a new one in six months (wasn't able to rent a big enough vehicle for transport). Just need suggestions for full coverage. I have three light fixatures but could easily add more. I built a platform 1.5' away from one of the light fixatures. I am not particularly worried about that area and far more nervous about keeping the ambient temp at 85 to 95. What I have currently are two 150W bulbs, one is a ceramic heat emitter and the other is a genetic UVB bulb. Additionally, I have another generic 200W. If you have any great experiences with a particular bulb please let me know as it would be great to be able to get whatever has worked for others. Thank you!

Old 12-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman123 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking into bulbs for my tegu enclosure. It was recently built made out of 3/4" oak wood with drylok for sealant. I unfortunately had to roll with 6x4 for right now but I intend on building a new one in six months (wasn't able to rent a big enough vehicle for transport). Just need suggestions for full coverage. I have three light fixatures but could easily add more. I built a platform 1.5' away from one of the light fixatures. I am not particularly worried about that area and far more nervous about keeping the ambient temp at 85 to 95. What I have currently are two 150W bulbs, one is a ceramic heat emitter and the other is a genetic UVB bulb. Additionally, I have another generic 200W. If you have any great experiences with a particular bulb please let me know as it would be great to be able to get whatever has worked for others. Thank you!
An insightful post about bulbs and heat>http://www.varanus.net/forums/read.p...8901#msg-38901

Old 12-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
birdman123
Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!