Jungle Habitats Plastics- Alan Hall (Bad Guy) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:03 PM   #51
SPJ
Let me explain what I meant when I said it was a shame that Alan has a section on TRR.
I DO NOT believe Gary to be a bad guy.
I think it's a shame that Alan has negative threads on TRR right below his own forum spot. Obviously Alan doesn't seem to get the fact that negative threads about your business right under your forum where you are attempting to promote your business is not good thing.
This is not Gary's fault. This is all Alan's fault.
I think it's a shame that Alan CHOOSES to muddy up an otherwise great forum because he has decided to start screwing over customers.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #52
SPJ
Wow! I just read Alans reply on TRR. I almost posted but decided not to otherwise I would have lost my temper.
Love the avatar. That must be Alans new business motto.

Alan, stop screwing up TRR and stop screwing over customers.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #53
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
I read through and come to the conclusion that people think when we are trying to "encourage" people to do the right thing that we enjoy "bashing" or that the intention is to destroy businesses.

I know this is true: All that is needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

That said, if everyone is constantly saying, "I can't force anyone to do anything, it's not my job..etc, then who's job is it? The concept of "self" policing is that WE do encourage people to do the right thing and we do it with the legal tools we have at hand (including our mouths).

For the BOI to step to the next level, and become what it is destined to be (imho) as it is suggested...it SHOULD have a policy that no one can run ads who does not have a clean reputation..this doesn't mean sterling reputation..it means no one with unresolved issues ON THIS BOARD should be able to post ads or even be on here...we can even take it one step further and say that the main forums form a partnership..that would be a GREAT encouragement for scammers to stay on the straight and narrow. If they can leave one place and post in another place that's not going to help the community much and will still give them an avenue to scam people.

Those of us that are unwittingly helping them by trying to "take the high road".. it could be you next...somewhere down the line, they will have sold an animal to someone you know...you might come in contact with that animal..even at a show..somewhere they are going to have a sick animal with a virus that is going to wipe out every animal you own....and that is more possible than anyone dreams.

*** now off my soap box
Do you want the authority and responsibilty to enforce that?

Old 12-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #54
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave

LOL, That would be one big job.........

Thanks Steve!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #55
LakesideBoas
Deb, although in a perfect world (this one being FAR from perfect) your idea is a great one, realistically it won't work. You do have the best interest of everyone in mind though and I have to give you kudos for that!

With just about every forum I belong to having either their own Bad Guy forums (or on others they will actively refer people here) there is information about the scammers out there for those who choose to look for it.

We can't take all the responsibility from the buyers to research their next purchases, it's just not possible. We should be here to help if they need us, though.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #56
gbcop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
We can't take all the responsibility from the buyers to research their next purchases, it's just not possible. We should be here to help if they need us, though.

You hit the nail on the head.... I wish I would have done my homework.. Maybe, just maybe other's will learn from my mistake.

I have even since gone back and asked Mr. Hall for a refund, and in exchange, in a year or so when I get ready to buy hatchling racks to give him another chance.

The ball is in his court to do the right thing to get him back on the fast tract to restoring his reputation.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #57
LakesideBoas
My beloved Grandpa used to say : A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

That being said, barring a miracle of Universe tilting proportions, you should not even contemplate another purchase from Alan. Learn from your experience, don't let this become a mistake.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:45 AM   #58
gbcop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
My beloved Grandpa used to say : A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

That being said, barring a miracle of Universe tilting proportions, you should not even contemplate another purchase from Alan. Learn from your experience, don't let this become a mistake.

I'm not holding my breath about Alan doing the right thing...

Old 12-18-2007, 02:40 AM   #59
ravensgait
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
I read through and come to the conclusion that people think when we are trying to "encourage" people to do the right thing that we enjoy "bashing" or that the intention is to destroy businesses.

I know this is true: All that is needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

That said, if everyone is constantly saying, "I can't force anyone to do anything, it's not my job..etc, then who's job is it? The concept of "self" policing is that WE do encourage people to do the right thing and we do it with the legal tools we have at hand (including our mouths).

For the BOI to step to the next level, and become what it is destined to be (imho) as it is suggested...it SHOULD have a policy that no one can run ads who does not have a clean reputation..this doesn't mean sterling reputation..it means no one with unresolved issues ON THIS BOARD should be able to post ads or even be on here...we can even take it one step further and say that the main forums form a partnership..that would be a GREAT encouragement for scammers to stay on the straight and narrow. If they can leave one place and post in another place that's not going to help the community much and will still give them an avenue to scam people.

Those of us that are unwittingly helping them by trying to "take the high road".. it could be you next...somewhere down the line, they will have sold an animal to someone you know...you might come in contact with that animal..even at a show..somewhere they are going to have a sick animal with a virus that is going to wipe out every animal you own....and that is more possible than anyone dreams.

*** now off my soap box
Deborah, there have been bad guy threads here where there was no doubt the bad guy was a scumbag. Yet one thing that is often missing from Bad guy threads is real solid proof you know something that say you could take into a court of law(believe me without that kind of proof someone is going to end up in court if they follow your suggestion) As has been noted it's a great idea you have but not at all a workable idea.

We often go by the word of someone we know and respect on this forum but again people like Chris Johnson come to mind who had most folks here eating out of his hand up until it was to late. I can tell you this that if two years ago he had started a bad guy thread about you or me that we'd have taken a lot of heat.

This site or any of its kind can only be a tool to help You make a decision, not make a decision for You..Randy

Old 12-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #60
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I am no one, but a seeker of an Ideal. I was thinking that it could be done electronically.

My idea is (bear with me) We do (over all the herping community) push the GGC as a mark of a good businessman..such as BBB. As it catches on people will not buy from those (or buy less) that do not display this emblem.

This emblem can be (?) electronically set up to close down the membership if their good guy rating falls below a set point (this gives them "some" leeway) It's like, if I lose my password I can't sign on. Similarily, if someone has such a number of bad guy points they can no longer sign on and someone can review certificates on a regular basis and contact those people to see what has happened or if any progress has been made, OR the OPs that started the tread can send a pm to the moderator to let them know that the situation has been resolved and post the resolution on the boards.

Its the same set up with a few changes to increase accountablity. Not being technically inclined, I would set up such a thing if I knew how. ( I am not trying to make any more work for anyone)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!