ReptileDepot.com Review (Bad Guys) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:54 AM   #21
Cat_72
[quote=Wilomn]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaKola

I placed the order on a Friday morning, and expected them to arrive on Saturday. (After paying $80 for overnight shipping) On Saturday, I had not received any communication about my order, so I sent an email to support. QUOTE]
He ordered on Friday, paid extra for Saturday delivery and got it the following week.

This is ALL on Reptile Depot.
I agree that it is all Reptile Depot's fault. However, I read the following statement as the frogs having shipped on Monday, not Saturday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaKola
After no email on Monday, I called their store, and they informed me that the order was sent that day, and will be there on Tuesday.
Not saying that makes it the transaction itself any better, I was just thinking of those concerned that the frogs were in transit from Friday until Tuesday. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but when it says he "called the store on Monday and they told him it was shipped that day" would lead me to believe they were shipped on that day....Monday.

Regardless......he didn't get what he paid for, and deserves a full refund.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:11 AM   #22
ExoticsExpress
Jim,

I see your point in telling me to take off the knee pad and "wake up". All I did was throw in my experiences with Reptile Depot, if there is something wrong with that than I am truly puzzled. The original thread starter posted her experience, I posted mine with the other people, and clearly wrote all over my small feedback that it was my experiences I am talking for. Not everyones. I did not say that he is right for what he did or anything like that, but said that I endured good transactions with them.

Have a great one....

Anthony Allis,
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 02-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #23
FunkyRes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris89
I order shipping supplies from them and have never had a problem. I don't want to contribute to a company like this though. Could anybody give me a site that sells shipping supplies at a decent price?
I don't know what supplies you need.
I buy deli cups from The Bean Farm.
I buy boxes from uline.
I buy insulation from Home Depot and cut it to size.

Never bought anything from ReptileDepot.

I wouldn't stop buying supplies from them just because their animal policies may suck. Try to buy animals from places that deal in animals and supplies from places that deal in supplies. They may be a great source for supplies.

I buy a lot of husbandry supplies from LLLreptile.
I probably would never buy an animal from them, not because I don't trust them, but I'd much rather get an animal from a breeder who specialized in the animal. If it is an animal that is not captive bred, then I would only get it from a show where I could inspect it before cash leaves my hand. That's just me though.

I'd never buy a computer system from Sears, but I sure would buy tools from them. They sell both, but they don't do both well. I'm not going to NOT buy tools just because their computer sales staff doesn't know a hard disk from winmodem.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:35 AM   #24
Lizardeaux
Another bad experience

I have never had a problem with buying shipping supplies from them either. They were always right on time. But the one time I decided to buy something live from them proved to be my last. I ordered three 8 wk old Mountain Horned Lizards. When those tiny things arrived I knew they were right out of the egg. They were almost dead and by the time I was finally able to reach someone, 2 days later, they all three had died. I couldn't get any satisfaction from them. I even went and found them at a show a month later. The guy told me there was no way that happened, but he would let me pick out a turtle for half price that they had at the show. The turtles looked almost as bad as the lizards I had received. I told him no thank you and just chalked it up as experience!

Old 02-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #25
jsrocket
Cat, I read it again, and you are right.

Still, they ripped him off on the delivery charge, and refuse to honor their guarantee.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #26
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Cat, I read it again, and you are right.

Still, they ripped him off on the delivery charge, and refuse to honor their guarantee.
OK, I'm not completely crazy then, thank you.

Again, I agree he was ripped off on the whole deal.....my only point was that at least the frogs weren't suffering for several days before meeting their untimely demise. Doesn't make the deal any less wrong.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #27
Wilomn
I saw that they weren't shipped until monday but he paid extra for a saturday delivery.

They bungled it from the get go.

IF I recall correctly, they have a history of problems with amphibians in particular. Not so much with reptiles but I seem to recall more than one frog complait about them.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #28
monkeywrench133
To Rob, the thread starter:

Sorry you had a bad experience, but thanks for posting. I met these guys at the NARBC show in TX this weekend, and I WAS going to order about $500 worth of frogs from them. Not now

Old 02-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #29
KCRD.com
I don't understand companies that ......

ONLY GIVE A LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE! I have always and will always give a Live Arrival Guarantee on my animals as well as a 5 DAY HEALTH GUARANTEE! This includes all amphibians. I have shipped Red Eyes at all times of the year and as long as there are no delays and the animals are packed correctly there is never and should never be a problem.

I shipped a group of 10 wild caught Red Eyes to Anchorage, Alaska two years ago and they all showed up fine. It's all in how you ship them. As far as putting them in the same container, this is fine if it is a large enough deli cup.

Oh and shipping should have been around $65 as mentioned earlier for a Saturday delivery. They could have shipped them via' Delta Dash for $75 for Saturday or Sunday delivery, then you would have gotten them the same day.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #30
IncaKola
You guys are awesome, thanks for the good showing of support!

To clarify, I paid extra for Sat Delivery, and they did not ship until monday. The $15 surcharge did not upset me as much as the fact that I did not get an email, or call saying when they shipped, or will arrive.

The container they arrived in was 1.5 inches deep, and 3.5 inches in circumference... I'm not sure if thats big enough for 3 frogletts, but it looked small to me.

Again thanks for the support guys!
I just feel bad for my little froggie, without any friends!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!