Inquiry: Dachiu - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
Stardust
Inquiry: Dachiu

As I bought from Vicki and Rob Dachui I thought it only right that I start this thread. It is me who is paying for the testing to get done. And it will officially be on their own thread if people are to inquire about them as opposed to Denise's thread.
Has anyone else bought Beardies from this company that has tested their animals of adeno or have had animals die or have been lied to?
The disclaimer on their site states clearly that they do not test their breeders or the babies before selling.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachiu
Wes I have lied, did it before, probably do it again. Everything stated here is true.
You are trying to catch me in a lie now... for what? So that everything I say is a lie?
The first of many statements that should be known to all.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #3
Stardust
Quote:
Puppytoes : We have believed for a long time that this is wide-spread. The testing that is being done is certainly leaning that way. If you test an animal consistently, you will find it in most of the population. There are many other co-factors that play a major role in an animals health. There are too many healthy positive animals and until people stop solely focusing on adeno and start looking at co-factors - this will go nowhere.
If you had known this for a long time I wish you would have let your customers know this BEFORE buying from you.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
vicki, have you sold dragons that you knew had siblings or parents that were AV positive in the last year? In the last 2 years? In the last 3 years? In the last 4 years? How many times, if you have, have you sent shipments to jimd that had blood relatives that were AV positive? How about your other sales both to distributors as well as private parties? Were the buyers of infected animals, if any sales of such were made, EVER notified of the possible status of the lizards they purchased from you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachiu
Wes,

The answer would have to be no to all of your questions. We have not tested any of our breeders and it is posted on our web site that the babies are not tested.
Our animals are no different than they were 5 years ago - adeno or not.

I will say that our animals are no different than the rest of the country regarding adeno and based upon the positive rate returned with repetitive testing - I think it would be safe to say we’re positive too.

After almost 8 months of testing, there are still no adeno-tested negative babies for sale that I know of. It would seem people are having trouble getting it out small colonies?

We don’t even test our group - but through the repeated testing on positives we set up from - - out of the hundreds of breeders in the USA we can account for 5% of the USA total EM tests performed in Ill. since August. Seems to me that the majority - don’t test.
(these figures are pretty sad though, huh?)

Ps - We’ve also tested from a private source - a gecko… with “moderate’ levels found.
More prevarication.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
shrap
Rozann,

When did you buy from Vicki and did she disclose to you at that time that she thinks her colony may be infected with Adeno?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #6
Denisebme
Oh, and while we're at it, maybe she can finally answer this:
just a couple things.
A) the attacks on me started on Friday, you didn't try to call my house until Sunday, so your conversations with Bobby could not have been influenced by the fact that I didn't return your call or my "silence" since you had made no attempt to contact me before you were already telling people I was avoiding you.
B) Even if there HAD been a message, and according to my voicemail there were not, I was NOT home when you attempted to call me, and one missed phone call does not equal avoidance.
C) you were asking people for my test results in January. Not my lab information, my test results. Why?

The attacks on me continued for 3 days before you ACTUALLY tried to call me, attacks that you provoked by convincing people that I was a scammer.
If you wanted my test results in January, you should have called me in January instead of trying to get them from someone else.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
Stardust
I bought from her about 3 years ago and then one at 6 years. Never was I told that this virus existed nor was I ever notified by Dachui that this was happened.
I found out through Cheri about Adeno.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:12 AM   #8
Stardust
Dachui did not have any disclaimer about this at the time of purchase either. I would have inquired about it then.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #9
varnyard
Rumor has it she has been knowing about having the virus since 2002.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:17 AM   #10
shrap
Vickie,

I just have to know. You say you feel there is a very good possibility that your breeders carry the Adeno virus. You also say you have a separate set of beardies that you know are positive that you are using for research.

You mean to tell me that you work with known Adeno infected dragons and have never taken the precaution to see if you have ever accidentally cross contaminated the two separate colonies? Call me crazy but I think any responsible researcher/breeder would be doing that on a regular interval.

Even curiosity never got the best of you in all these years to see if your breeders have it? Find that hard to believe. Every year I send fecal off to be tested whether my animals need it or not. So does almost everyone I know. Even many large scale breeders I have talked to at least send in a small percentage of their colonies each year. Yet the thought has never crossed your mind?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!