Bad Guy Evan Stahl - Sent Me Sick Pine Snakes - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:16 PM   #81
WebSlave
Sorry, but maybe I missed it earlier in this thread, but what exactly is Evan's TOS concerning his sales and delivery of live animals to customers? If there is one, did he comply in this instance with his own stated guarantee?

To be blunt, sellers of live animals really can't guarantee the health, either overt or covert, of an animal forever. Many will limit their liability to the point of delivery, and no further. Others are more generous with their guarantees. Everyone should judge who they want to do business with, with this set of details in mind as to what you are willing to accept concerning a safety net of a guarantee. In my opinion, where someone earns the label of "bad guy" is when they blatantly refuse to honor their own word and stated claims. Did this or did this not happen in this case?

Yeah, it sucks when an animal dies unexpectedly. It also sucks when people die unexpectedly. Both happen with a fair amount of frequency without some alleged bad guy being behind it.

Warning: And a little off topic here, donning my admin hat. Posting derogatory comments and slurs towards another member here will earn you warnings and infractions. Coming back at the moderators with like (or worse) slurs and invective will almost assuredly get you banned. If the moderator who received such invective doesn't ban you, then I probably will. If the display of antisocial behavior is offensive enough, you can expect that ban to be permanent.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:28 AM   #82
ShadowAceD
As stated many times over, improper technique was utilized to handle the fact these animals regurgitated. Multiple regurgitation can and do result in gradual organ failure as well as animals wasting away while suffering these complications. Without any type of probiotic or other gut flora restoration medication, the outcome of not allowing such gut flora to grow back naturally was grimly inevitable.

Perhaps they came to the OP with issues and perhaps they did not, due to the timeline of events as they are laid out, there is no definitive way to know without full pathology having been done.

For what it is worth, I have purchased from Evan. I received a Motley Boa and a Golden Knee Chaco Tarantuala last year. I have had no issues with any of the animals. They arrived feeding, alert and free of parasites.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!