Is it safe to come out? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
Mad4You2
Is it safe to come out?

MHD egg 5 - thinking hard about coming out....

;-) Angie

Old 07-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
Miss Tuniwha
ha ha, cute!

Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Angie, nice pic...are you useing wet paper towels as incubation medium?

Old 07-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Mad4You2
Incubation medium

Hi Ed...honor to have you post on my thread...thanks for asking about the incubation medium. I use perlite in sandwich containers for the incubation period, the mix is 1:1 grams - however much you need equal weight of water and perlite. I keep them in a cooler with either water in an empty container sitting on the bottom of the cooler for humidity with the temps between 68 - 70 degrees. The containers have beads of water above the top of the perlite so the humidity is high...I did not measure the humidity specifically but there are always beads of condensation almost to the top of the container.

After the eggs pip I move them to a 1 gallon hexagonal aquarium with wet paper towels and have a light for heat to about 75 degrees and I mist the sides of the aquarium. They stay in this container until they hatch and no longer have a yolk sack. Then they move to the nursery tank - damp papertowels as a substrate with a running water feature at all times, mist at least 4x a day with vertical features for climbing. I believe it was suggested to keep them in that sort of set up for 7-10 days but I've kept my first clutch on papertowels the entire time and they are 2 months old now.

Thanks for posting....Angie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!