Giving birth after 6 years from a male... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 03:05 AM   #61
SamanthaJane13
AWESOME!!

I'm so glad that Wobbles ate for you!!

Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #62
Helenthereef
Great news, there are obviously a lot of us out here rooting for them!

Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #63
GHC Exotics
Yeah, they are really deep into their 2nd shed right now, I'll post photos of them as soon as they pop that shed too

Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #64
radera5
Awesome! I can't wait

Have you named them yet? Not sure if you did and I just missed it

Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #65
GHC Exotics
No we sure havent named them yet, the reason being is we figured if they did well, that we would like to put up a poll on our facebook, or something like that and take in name suggestions from the public, and then do a vote system and whichever gets the most votes is what they will be named. Since they will be permanetly on display at our shop we figured this would be the best scenario on that

Old 11-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #66
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHC Exotics View Post
No we sure havent named them yet, the reason being is we figured if they did well, that we would like to put up a poll on our facebook, or something like that and take in name suggestions from the public, and then do a vote system and whichever gets the most votes is what they will be named. Since they will be permanetly on display at our shop we figured this would be the best scenario on that
Sounds like an awesome idea to me!
I am friends with you on FB so I will be patiently waiting. Did the second one ever eat? If I ask something you have already answered I apologize in advance.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #67
GHC Exotics
It wouldnt bother me if you asked me the same questions multiple times, because I enjoy talking about these little ones. But no unfortunately so far the second one has not eaten, Im currently writing it off as to being because they are in shed right now. And thats awesome that you are on our FB... we are trying to get that page built up alot more.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #68
ChuckHurd
i heard of a timber at a nature center in KS. she was housed alone for 5 years and had 4 live young.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #69
GHC Exotics
Yeah I also read about that Timber, very interesting to read about!

Old 11-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #70
AbsoluteApril
ok so I don't know why I am just now reading this thread but yes, there have been documented cases of parthogenesis in boa constrictor and Dr Warren Booth has done the testing before (I believe he can do it with the shed skins from the mother and the babies)

http://www.ncsu.edu/emas/pfp/warren-booth.html

http://news.ncsu.edu/releases/mkboothboa/

it really is fascinating

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!