Bad Guy John Author Scam Theif, Idenity Theft!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
mssnake
John Author Scam Theif, Idenity Theft!!!

Do not sell or trade anything from a man by the name John Author useing the email phillipslack@aol.com, he is out of PA, he is a theif, scammer, he looks for trades, or anyway to get a reptile to him and does not pay, or send the trade, he just, scamed me out of my high end snakes, he is looking for a lot of different stuff!
He has stolen another mans email and idenity, and and is scamming everyone he can please beware!!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM!!!!
I am pursueing a lawsuit against him as is the man who's idenity he stole!
Cheers Angela Boland Mostly Scales Snake & Reptiles

Old 02-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
John E Dove
Ms. Boland,
Is there any evidence to support these charges?

Old 02-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
mssnake
Yes he was to do a trade with me , I sent him the snakes and he was to ship me a parrot the same day!, Parrot was never shipped! This has been about a month ago. I tried to contact him several times with no response to my emails. I talked with the real Phillip Slack this morning,He confirmed what I feared! He is looking for him also. Why did you do business with him as well?? He conacted me through a post for a trade on here, so I thought I would warn people! Thanks Angela Boland

Old 02-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
Ed Clark
Angela, do you have an address and phone # for this toad?

Old 02-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
mssnake
Yes I do, do you need it? Did he get you too? Cheers Angela Boland Mostly Scales Snake & Reptiles

Old 02-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
mssnake
John Authur number is 1-610-370-7869 I know this is his phone number though
Address given for airbill if it is his address
John Authur
1431 Chaple Terrace
Reeding, PA. 19601

Old 02-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
WiseReptiles
Do you have copy's of the emails that were exchanged? You did the trade without speaking to this person and just found out the person you called was not the one who initiated the trade? Do you have any other documentation to support your claim? Do you have the address of the person you talked to on the phone and where the package was shipped? Are these the same addresses if so?

Old 02-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
mssnake
Ahhh Guess what John Authurs number has now been disconnected! I am going to do everything I can to find this guy and get my 1200.00 back or my poor snakes!!!! I can't believe this! Angela Boland Mostly Scales Snake & Reptiles

Old 02-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
mssnake
Yeap I have every email that ever went out between us, and had talked to him on the phone several times before the trade was made, and I talked with his wife a couple of times also, and his daughter. No it was him, but not the right email address, he was using someone elses, email, that guy that's email it was emailed me today,with a different email address and we talked about this whole thing over the phone this morning! Cheers Angela Boland Mostly Scales Snake & Reptiles

Old 02-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
Tiger Lilly
It is common practice to post factual information in this section. That would include ANY email correspondence you have had with the person in question. You can't just come on here and post accusations willy-nilly without having PROOF to back it up.
Reputations are made and broken on this forum. Hearsay or "he said/she said" comments is NOT the way to go.
Please post your emails/pm's as proof of your accusations.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!