Info Just a Friendly Heads Up Regarding Jack F.K./Jack Temple/Triops34 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
JG1153
Just a Friendly Heads Up Regarding Jack F.K./Jack Temple/Triops34

Hi so I was trying to obtain some Western Hognoses off of an ad (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=130212) placed by Jack Temple(triops34) here on Fauna I posted a few simple questions on his ad and instead of answering them he quickly asked me to take the discussion privately(PM). I wanted to know whether he accepted paypal, whether he had any live arrival guarantee, how he shipped, his full name( his profile in Fauna just has Jack F. K.), and contact info like phone number/email, and his address( profile only has US) Just to make sure everything was legit. He PM’d back telling me he shipped fedex overnight, full name is Jack Temple, takes paypal (kikuro1987@gmail.com) , doesn’t have a phone number ( who doesn’t have phone nowadays?), and his address is 901 Maple St, Lisbon, ND 58054, and his email is kikuro1987@gmail.com.

I thought it was kinda weird he was so adamant about discussing the transaction away from public eyes especially when at first all I was asking for was for some basic info not any personal info. I also thought listing his name as Jack F. K. on Fauna (JFK?) when his name is Jack Temple was also interesting. Then there’s the fact that he supposedly doesn’t have a phone. Kinda interesting considering you can give out phony info to customers, set-up a fake Fauna , Email, and paypal accounts using phony info but using phony info to set-up a fake phone number account is not going to be as easy (Reverse Phone look-up is Awesome!).

At the same time I was in contact and negotiating with the vendor I was also in contact with Dustin Dodge (ddodge) who was also interested in the same animals and was also in discussion with the vendor regarding these animals. Then vendor had no idea we were talking to each other about these animals but well to make a long story short he’s told us both independently that we’re both getting the animals from the ad and were both supposed to make payment on these animals in a few days when he’s back home??????????
Now I’m not necessarily saying this guy is out to scam someone perhaps this all a huge misunderstanding but the way he’s handled this situation and given the facts it definitely leaves a lot to be desired and definitely makes this whole situation look very fishy.

I’ll post all the PM’s between the vendor, Dustin, and I as soon as I get a chance and I’ll ask Dustin to do the same.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
ddodge
I'll agree with jg1153 on this matter, I'm glad we figured this out before it was too late on either end of the transaction. Tomorrow I'll post more.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
steelersdiehard
Thanks

I also was attempting to purchase from him but he couldn't supply photos I requested.

Brent Beilstein

Old 04-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
JG1153
I went ahead and confronted the vendor about the situation and this was his reply

Hello, the reason is that I have reserved 20 more adult hognoses, next days I’ll go to Canada to bring these snakes. Other times people change her mind in the last moment, and I had reserved animals for people who “dissapear” in the last moment, I hate that, that’s why I said that to you. Ddodge is the first, he write to me before you, and if after my trip you still want the snakes them I send to you photos of the new snakes, and you choose. If I’d like to cheat you I’d said to you yesterday “pay now”. I don’t said that, I said “wait”
If something occur and I don’t obtain snakes, them I’ll say to you and you don’t loss your money.
If you don’t believe me, don’t buy my snakes, I’ll understand.
Sorry for the confussion.

I don't know but something is just off with this whole situation. wouldn't it have been easier to just tell one of us this right of the bat now it just looks like he's trying to cover up for trying to obtain money from two people for the same animals. Like I said before maybe I'm completely wrong but there sure are a lot of red flags going off here.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
TattooLost
Sounds like the typical nigerian scammer grasp of the English language to me. I'd say stay faaar far away.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
MikeCurtin
Can you please post all original communications with him? If someone contacts me about an ad, I usually prefer to deal through PM's and E-mail also. It could have been a minor error on his part, or even a communication issue, as English does not appear to be his first language. I would see if he comes up with the snakes and/or if he has the proper documentation, considering he says he's going to Canada to get them.

Also, have you notified him of this thread?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooLost View Post
Sounds like the typical nigerian scammer grasp of the English language to me. I'd say stay faaar far away.
Is there a mod who can do an IP check please?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
hhmoore
I've been watching this one since he started posting ads - I don't know who it IS...but the above email doesn't match anything else I have seen from him.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #9
MikeCurtin
Any way to tell if his account is set up from a PC in the states, or if it matches his info?

Old 04-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
snakewrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
Any way to tell if his account is set up from a PC in the states, or if it matches his info?
Yeah, a WHOIS on the IP.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!