Inquiry Inquiry on Todd Gearheart - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #51
carl franklin
I cannot recommend Todd.
After spending $170 for a South American worm lizard in January 2009 all I have thus received from Todd is a $10 money order. Phone calls and emails have gone unanswered until a friend (who also got burned) contacted him and mentioned he should let me in on what's going on. I still didn't receive any communication from Todd. I learned through my friend what his excuses were.

If you want to spend money on someone who will advertise and not deliver then he's your guy. I've only had one dealing with him and I got burned. I had seen his name affiliated with the trade for several years and thought I was dealing with a professional.

Carl J. Franklin

Old 08-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #52
carl franklin
My mistake.
The correct date of my transaction was September 2009 not January 2009

Old 08-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #53
bobtard
From my experience, and others, Todd is hit or miss. Either you have a good deal with him, or you have a bad deal with him. Unfortunately, the latter isn't uncommon...
What were his excuses? Often times he'll post and take payment for animals that are not in his possession.
If you could post emails between Todd and you that would be a good idea, so we can see both sides.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #54
carl franklin
His excuses don't mean anything to me, my money does.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #55
bobtard
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl franklin View Post
His excuses don't mean anything to me, my money does.
I understand that, but I'm just curious if they're his "the import got delayed blah blah blah" excuses.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #56
carl franklin
Everything was the fault of someone else in Guyana, financial meltdown, yada, yada, yada.
Just lame.

Boo Hoo Hoo. I just don't care.

It's obvious to me that it is all about the money to him. That is now something we both have in common. I want my money.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #57
bobtard
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl franklin View Post
Everything was the fault of someone else in Guyana, financial meltdown, yada, yada, yada.
This is a typical excuse for Todd. For future reference for ANYONE planning on purchasing an animal from Todd, make sure and ask if it's IN STOCK to avoid situations like this.

Again, if you can post emails that you sent him, and recieved from him, that would be a good idea.

Hopefully Mr. Gearheart will chime in and explain..

Old 08-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #58
carl franklin
Quote:
Hopefully Mr. Gearheart will chime in and explain..
I can do without it. I just want my money
Just in case Todd is lurking, the producers of Judge Mathis are trying to get a hold of him.
If he agrees to go to the taping he can tell everyone his side of why I don't have my money.
Should he decline and send me the money via mail that will be fine with me as well.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #59
ragnew
I prepaid for a few centipedes from the South America shipment as well (S. viridicornis and S. gigantea) and they too never arrived. I was pretty irritated at first as well, but Todd went above and beyond when it came to offering animals that were of the same value.

I don't think I'd ever pre-order an animal from any dealer again if it wasn't in stock, but if it was in stock I'd order from Todd again in a heart beat.

He's a great guy to talk to on the phone and via emails. Easily one of the best dealers I've dealt with in a LONG time.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #60
John Apple
I'll agree there...I have talked with Todd a few times and he was a pleasure to talk to...I have also ordered from Todd and he went above and beyond for me....
Things to remember here folks is never buy on an anticipated shipment...stuff happens...simple as that...only buy 'in stock' animals
one thing I am sure of is that Todd will set this right

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!