Updates to the infraction system - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #61
hhmoore
Anthony,
It isn't that I failed to see the humor in your posts...or the effort behind them.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #62
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Anthony,
It isn't that I failed to see the humor in your posts...or the effort behind them.
I appreciate that, as well as the job you do here.

I'm absolutely-positively-sure Rich considers you one of his best assets - not to take away from any of the other mods.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #63
sagespyder@yahoo.com
it might only be me, but, did the rule about having your name on every posting change where as long as our name is under our user name we no longer have to put it in the post?

i mean to avoid that problem in the first place i added my name to my signature but upon viewing the BOI i don't see many people putting their names on their posts anymore. at least in the bad guy BOIs. i only look in the good guy BOIs when someone is buying from me or i am buying from them.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #64
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagespyder@yahoo.com View Post
it might only be me, but, did the rule about having your name on every posting change where as long as our name is under our user name we no longer have to put it in the post?
You do not have to actually type your name in each post or have it in your signature. Your name is in your profile under your screen name and is automatically on every post you make.

The rules used to be that if your profile didn't have your name on it that you could add it in the post or put it in your signature, but that is no longer acceptable since people can change signatures and forget to put it in the post. The name field cannot be edited after registration so that is where your name is required to be correct for the BOI and the classifieds.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #65
sagespyder@yahoo.com
thanks, i just needed that cleared up for me

Old 05-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #66
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Now you're getting it.
Be able to laugh at yourself.
I'm no angel, I get infractions. And I occasionally grouse loudly but not for long.

What's important is this community. It is like no other, anywhere. And it IS a privilege to be part of it.

Sometimes when I get called out, my natural response is to defend myself. But one can make the choice to be the better person, and learn, and go on.
Some of us have been here for years. It's your choice, what you do. But here is a worthwhile place to be.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #67
hhmoore
Somebody argued that his infraction carried more points than the last list posted (3 1/2 yrs ago),then took it further, with Please show me where it has been updated, and is now 4 points. Otherwise, I can only feel that you're making things up as you go. Sorry if you don't understand the definition of a simple word like prick, but you're wrong, and it's obvious you don't care. I had a good opinion of you, but for a moderator to call a contributing member annoying, simply because he's defending his correct use of the English language, that opinion had changed. Though I'm sure you don't care.
Quote:
Title___________________________________Points___E xpires
Ad bumping abuse in classifieds_______________1______365 Day(s)
Anonymous third party quotation______________1______365 Day(s)
Inappropriate advertising or spamming_________1______365 Day(s)
Indirect advertisement_______________________1______365 Day(s)
Missing/invalid FULL NAME in Classified Ad post__1______365 Day(s)
Missing/invalid LOCATION in Classified Ad post___1______365 Day(s)
Missing or false FULL NAME in BOI post_________1______365 Day(s)
Quoting uncensored profanity from another party__1______365 Day(s)
Subject name is absent in BOI topic line _________1______365 Day(s)
BOI relevant post made outside of the BOI_______2______365 Day(s)
Tag word abuse_____________________________2______24 Month(s)
Borderline abusive post_______________________4______24 Month(s)
Disruptive off topic posting____________________4______24 Month(s)
Disruptive posting in classified ad______________4_______24 Month(s)
Profanity___________________________________4_____ __24 Month(s)
Actual or implied threats______________________6_______24 Month(s)
Personal attack on another member_____________6_______24 Month(s)
Posting ads for a banned member______________6_______24 Month(s)
Racist/Prejudicial Remarks____________________6_______24 Month(s)
Antagonism towards moderators_______________9_______24 Month(s)
Immediate 3 day ban_______________________12________6 Day(s)
Immediate 1 month ban_____________________18________60 Day(s)
Immediate 1 year ban_______________________24_______24 Month(s)
Immediate PERMANENT ban__________________36_______360 Month(s)
Custom Infraction
Reason____________________________Points____ Expires________

Automatic Ban
Ban Usergroup__________Points_________Ban Period
Banned by Moderators _____12____________3 Day(s)
Banned by Moderators_____18____________1 Month(s)
Banned by Moderators_____24____________1 Year(s)
Banned by Moderators_____36____________Forever
Ban Reason
Note that the infraction for antagonism toward a moderator is now 9 pts. But it's easier to just make you go away for a few days; and those points will expire a lot sooner. Your call where we go from here....

Old 09-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #68
WebSlave
Sorry, but I am under no obligation, stated nor implied, to notify anyone when there are changes made to the rules here. Most are pretty much common sense, especially those that incur the higher infraction points. And even then, most of those are a "stop THAT, or else" sort of notification.

Sorry, but if something here is not common sense to YOU, perhaps you need to look in the mirror and have a long talk with the person you see there to figure out the problem.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #69
hhmoore
I was actually composing the update when he sent me the "Show me" message. I wouldn't have rushed to get it done if I had seen the message first, and I didn't bother telling him I had updated the thread. I'd already advised him that our discussion was over, so the message I posted above nearly earned him a smackdown.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:22 AM   #70
skygear
Not having your PROFILE filled out properly with name or location should be a PROFILE infraction, not a post infraction. Thats how most of the internet does it anyways.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!