"Mitchell" from Texas (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-04-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
Joe K.
"Mitchell" from Texas (Inquiry)

Heres the story. I purchased a 100% Het. Pied Ball Python Male on Feb. 7 of this year from Shane Congdon In Ct. The snake is supposed to have been bred by this guy Mitchell in Texas who is supposed to be sending paperwork verifying genetics. I have Mitchel's phone # and I tried calling quite a few times but only get voice mail. I never rec'd. a return call from Mitchell and now Shane Congdon is telling me he has reason to believe something has happened to Mitchell and chances are I won't get any paperwork from him. Has anyone gotten Ball Python hets. from Mitchell or elsewhere and were told Mitchell was the breeder ? I want to sell this ball python but all of my inquiries are asking for paperwork that I can't provide. What should I do from here ? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.........Thanks, Joe

Old 05-05-2004, 12:21 AM   #2
Rainbowboaman
Joe,
Go to http://www.searchbug.com/peoplefinde...ebyphone1.aspx
& see who phone number belongs to. That would be a start. I would also try calling & blocking your phone number (*67) & see if somebody answers. Sounds like he's passing the buck or just used someone elses name in deal to get your money..I would go back to Shane & get your money back, you bought from him & if he can't get you paperwork he should return your money.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:54 AM   #3
Snakebyt
have any idea where in texas he was from? if you know a location, i may be able to help you as i know someone named mitchell who was selling hets a while back..

Old 05-05-2004, 05:55 AM   #4
Snakebyt
if you have his phone # can you post the area code, that will help pinpoint his location in Texas

Old 05-05-2004, 06:36 AM   #5
Joe K.
Thanks for the input

The area code is (806) I believe its a cell phone #. As far as Shane Congdon in Ct. He has said he feels bad and wants to do right by me. He has no other het. pieds and offered to take the snake and breed him to prove him out. ( That will take several years ) I asked for a refund but he said money is tight and can't do it right now.......Joe

Old 05-05-2004, 07:15 AM   #6
gmherps
806 is the Lubbock area.

Old 05-05-2004, 08:07 AM   #7
Xtreme Reptiles
Are the last four digits of the cell phone # 3219?

Alfredo Veloso

Old 05-05-2004, 12:33 PM   #8
Python Dreams
IF he sold you the python and told you it would come with paperwork, he needs to refund your money. Wether times are tight or not, work out a payment program with him to get your money back, and let him prove it out on his own. You should not have to deal with the person he bought it from.
Tom Baker

Old 05-05-2004, 01:30 PM   #9
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Heres the story. I purchased a 100% Het. Pied Ball Python Male on Feb. 7 of this year from Shane Congdon In Ct. The snake is supposed to have been bred by this guy Mitchell in Texas who is supposed to be sending paperwork verifying genetics. I have Mitchel's phone # and I tried calling quite a few times but only get voice mail. I never rec'd. a return call from Mitchell and now Shane Congdon is telling me he has reason to believe something has happened to Mitchell and chances are I won't get any paperwork from him.
I've seen ads for 100% het pieds with no paperwork being offered at a discounted price. Did the ad state the python was sold with paperwork? If that was what was agreed upon then he has to send you the documentation.

Quote:
As far as Shane Congdon in Ct. He has said he feels bad and wants to do right by me. He has no other het. pieds and offered to take the snake and breed him to prove him out.
I would assume he has straight pieds though because if not, how is he planning to prove him out if he has no heteros?

Good luck!

Old 05-05-2004, 01:58 PM   #10
Snakebyt
806 area code covers lubbock amarillo and pretty much the whole panhandle. I am pretty sure i know who you are talking about. Mitchell Perky right...
If this is the same guy, contact me thru Pm and i can give you more details, this is not the place to go into details about this situation.. at least on my end.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!