Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #71
Craig Wyatt
I think you should get what you pay for the first time around. If the geckos are to hard for Jon to sex 100% right as juvies he should say right off the bat this is a probable pair. I know everyone males mistakes but the buyer should never suffer. I guess some of you would call me crazy. I do not think the buyer should have to send them both back to get a refund. But if he does I think he would be crazy to ship them back first. I'm not saying the seller is a bad guy but he's drug this out for to long. Demand your money back first!! Then I would say wait 3 months to ship them back. I bet he won't be as patient as your being.
***ive made my fair share of mistakes with shipping. But I fix them and I fix them fast!

Old 12-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #72
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
He is searching for a suitably sized female, even trying to get one from Germany.
He also said that he will have a female ready to replace since Sept, why can't he just refund the money?
Are you here Jon? How about that you send the refund to your buddy in LA, I believe his named Frank, I bring him two geckos and he give me the cash in LA, is that fair?

Old 12-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #73
laterob
Wow, Ken, that's a great offer!

Old 12-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #74
Otter_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by allesuberschildkroten View Post
It seems since everyone likes Jon they don't want this to be a bad guy post, and I think that is clouding some of the statements being said. And everyone is missing the point. Ken wants his money back and Jon stopped communication for almost 2 months. Just because personal issues come up doesn't mean you can just abandon your customers and stop doing business. If the OP wants a refund he should be given one and Jon should pay to have the other male shipped back since he doesn't want it.
So refund all the money back, pay shipping back for one male gecko and let him keep the other male? Harsh penalty for not getting a juvie gecko sex right. At this point I would refund the cost of a female let him keep both males and improve on my communication skills.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #75
Joesherps
Jon is reputable

I have over 20 species in my collection from Jon totaling over 60 geckos. On the rare occasion that I have had a problem Jon was more than reasonable about fixing the circumstance as have I on the rare occasion that he has had an issue with mine.

When you produce over a thousand geckos a year it's impossible to be 100% perfect. What counts to me is if the seller is willing to fix it. For the quantity of geckos he produces...you would see a lot of bad guy posts if he was actually that way. He's not...point blank. Your assuming that you are a victim from what is a fixable mistake.

As far as Jon's circumstance with his wife is concerned I will personally attest that it is a stress full circumstance for him. On several conversations he referred to her as his wife and not his ex despite them being broken up at the time. He's an honorable man. About a month ago on Face Book in the rare reptile classifieds he did a charity auction for a one time customer that had her car broken into. A single mom. Hardly a lack of character.

Posting things about people that are willing to fix a problem like this only makes people not respect you for it. Personally I would never want your business. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos

Old 12-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #76
Otter_23
Ken that sounds like a fair and reasonable offer.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #77
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesherps View Post
I have over 20 species in my collection from Jon totaling over 60 geckos. On the rare occasion that I have had a problem Jon was more than reasonable about fixing the circumstance as have I on the rare occasion that he has had an issue with mine.

When you produce over a thousand geckos a year it's impossible to be 100% perfect. What counts to me is if the seller is willing to fix it. For the quantity of geckos he produces...you would see a lot of bad guy posts if he was actually that way. He's not...point blank. Your assuming that you are a victim from what is a fixable mistake.

As far as Jon's circumstance with his wife is concerned I will personally attest that it is a stress full circumstance for him. On several conversations he referred to her as his wife and not his ex despite them being broken up at the time. He's an honorable man. About a month ago on Face Book in the rare reptile classifieds he did a charity auction for a one time customer that had her car broken into. A single mom. Hardly a lack of character.

Posting things about people that are willing to fix a problem like this only makes people not respect you for it. Personally I would never want your business. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos
First off, Jon may be a victim in his personal life, which seemsd to have worked out. But Wai is the victim in this transaction. He had time for a charity auction, but couldn't take five minutes to call or text Wai? Did he have a business transaction with that single mom?

Old 12-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #78
Chris Kennard
I would like to state that I am not doubting that Jon is an honorable man. I will say however that honorable men should treat the little guy with the same importance as the big guy. Perhaps Jon lost sight of that, I don't know. Bottom line is it took this thread to dhed light where there was no dark.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #79
allesuberschildkroten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23 View Post
So refund all the money back, pay shipping back for one male gecko and let him keep the other male? Harsh penalty for not getting a juvie gecko sex right. At this point I would refund the cost of a female let him keep both males and improve on my communication skills.
Did I say refund all the money back?????? No I said Jon should pay shipping back for the one male and he should get his money back for the other male. But it seems he doesnt want neither... Plz dont misquote me. Im on the OP side

Old 12-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #80
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
I would like to state that I am not doubting that Jon is an honorable man. I will say however that honorable men should treat the little guy with the same importance as the big guy. Perhaps Jon lost sight of that, I don't know. Bottom line is it took this thread to dhed light where there was no dark.
Meant to say "shed light". Sorry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!