Bad Guy BUYERS BEWARE! BEN SHOTTS of VIVID DRAGONS- dishonest man, possible scammer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #1
Sgambino94
Exclamation BUYERS BEWARE! BEN SHOTTS of VIVID DRAGONS- dishonest man, possible scammer

BUYERS BEWARE. Ben Shotts is a fraud. I recently ordered a dragon from him and he sent me a different, lesser quality dragon than what I ordered and paid for. When confronted he DENIED it and claimed they were the same dragon, despite proof in photos and on his own website! He wouldn't even refund me the price difference of a mere $25! And as it turns out, the dragon I thought I was purchasing had actually already been sold, which I later found on an older sales listing of his, yet he still listed that same dragon for sale again two more times. This guy is dishonest, and not at all professional or courteous in his dealings.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=160659

Old 09-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
Lucille
Sarah, can you please post your emails, along with a screen shot of the dragon you were sent and a picture of the ad with the dragon you paid for?

Old 09-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #3
Sgambino94
The first is the dragon I ordered and paid for. The one I received is shown in my hand. You can tell they're different by the markings on his back. The one I received has a heart shaped marking on the left side. The one I ordered doesn't, and also has a different pattern of circle markings on his right side.
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #4
Sgambino94
Here's the dragon I received
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
Sgambino94
I later found his website and found the one I received as dragon 4.
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #6
juliasara
Have you notified him that you posted this?

Old 09-08-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
Sgambino94
And here's the one I had ordered and paid for, though at the time I had only seen the fauna classified post
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #8
Sgambino94
I have been In contact with him multiple times. Even opened a PayPal dispute, which he escalated for PayPal review before I had a chance to send them all of my evidence, so they ruled the case "not in my favor". He now doesn't answer my calls or texts.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #9
Lucille
He is on Fauna right now

Ben shotts is at reputation level -50 to -99
Trader Rating: (0) [Rate This User!]
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 09-08-2016 04:02 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread [For Sale] AMAZING COLLECTORS QUALITY RED TIGER HYPO TRANSLUCENT

Old 09-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #10
Lucille
Sarah, is your Paypal backed by your credit card? You could either go to your bank or credit card company.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bearded dragon