Identification help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Leopard Geckos

Notices

Old 08-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #1
Croghans Reptiles
Identification help

Got this fella in the mail yesterday marked "unknown albino"

I've got my theories but I'll put it up for group discussion.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #2
bklynsfinest312
maybe someone crossed two albino lines? where did you get it from? what did you buy it as?

Old 08-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #3
Croghans Reptiles
Working on getting info on parents. May take a while
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-21-2017, 01:00 AM   #4
bolimaurice
If it was marked as unknown then it should be a "pet only" animal. You can't always tell an albino strain just by looking at it and it really is a waste of time to try and do so. It can be any albino (bell, rainwater, Tremper) but without testing it you will never know for sure. Either way, I wouldn't recommend waisting your time trying to figure it out. And at this point test breeding is also unnecessary as the market is FLOODED with so many morphs of leopard geckos and many people still breeding them. Recommendation for the future: buy from a REPUTABLE breeder with KNOWN genetics.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Old 08-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #5
Croghans Reptiles
The genetics we're known and I'm getting that information once the fella is available. From what he's said, he (Josh wright of mm geckos) purchased 2 non her geckos. From those two came this. He contacted them and the other breeders stood behind their claims. As it stands, he could be a mix up, or he could be an entirely new albino strain. I think I'll put in the effort to find out
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-23-2017, 11:31 PM   #6
andy1987
It could just be a snow tremper visually. I have snow trempers that look like that

Old 08-23-2017, 11:36 PM   #7
Croghans Reptiles
It most like is a type of tremper albino by what information I currently have. This weekend I'll get the info on the parents hopefully.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-31-2017, 03:38 PM   #8
Croghans Reptiles
Parents were a male Bold Halloween x female bold stripe
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!