Bad Guy I Heart Reptiles/Superior Balls and Dragons/Lisa and Mark Carson - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #21
JimM
Goes to show you just how bad passing off bad animals has gotten with some people. Did did they really think you wouldn't notice that ... or they just didn't give a since they had your $500.00 already ?

" ... it wasn't like that when we packed it ... "

You're being TOO easy on them about it , they were blatantly trying to rip you off. My opinion is to return the snake , they pay the shipping and you give NO ALLOWANCES for anything. Definetly send it back ... you don't know what else that snake is carrying.

Couple more names to add to the AVOID list.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:25 AM   #22
orchidfern
Well, I guess there is no resolution for me here.

They seem to be trying everything they can to screw me out of my money. I would never ship an animal before receiving payment. I doubt they would either. They say they don't want to get scammed, but they are the ones who scammed me. Ridiculous.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2019, 02:55 AM   #23
nickolasanastasiou
A few things.

It is customary for the refund to be issued after the animal has been received by the seller in the event of a return. Whether the buyer is trusting enough to do that depends on various things, but that is the norm. If not willing to return the animal prior to the refund, the process usually reaches its end. While some sellers will occasionally extend an uncommon courtesy of refunding ahead of a return, it is a departure from what is typical because it opens the seller up to a scam. While that should not apply to you as you know yourself, there are indeed quite a few buyers who do set out ahead of time to run scams like that against sellers. I would not blame you either way, but I would probably return the animal for a full refund if I were in your shoes, as I do not set out to buy undeclared issues. I will buy (or sell...or gift/donate, depending) compromised animals from time to time with any issues fully explained and shared, but nothing was declared here. I may have overlooked it and I apologize in advance if I did, but you paid $100 + $450 + fees (I am not sure why you are being charged additional fees, but okay). Supposing that equals the $565 shown as the stated refund amount, how would the return shipping be handled? Are they providing a label for the shipment? I ask because you should not be paying for return shipping of an animal that came in not as described relative to its condition as known at the time of purchase. If the return and refund option would be chosen by you at this point, it should be 1) they provide you with a label, 2) you ship the animal back, and 3) they immediately refund the $565. That or you keep the snake and do whatever you have to do in terms of care. Again, I would not fault you either way on that, but I would personally choose the return and refund. If you do choose the return option, make sure that it is crystal clear that you will not be footing the bill for return shipping.

I am not sure whether they noticed or not. It is pretty hard to miss when handling such an animal. I have seen things get hidden in folds of skin or in leg pockets for various reptiles before, but an "unhappy" vent area is usually glaring to me. That said, if the person/people were in a rush and did zero physical inspection or the animal turned "just so" while being glanced at, maybe (maybe) it could have gone unnoticed. However, regardless of that, it was present before/upon receipt by you and that makes it the seller's responsibility. I think both of the options for resolution you offered were reasonable with the return-for-full-refund option being standard and obvious for the hobby.

Removal of complaints is a different matter. They would not be removed here and removing them from various FB review groups is often grounds for being blocked from said groups (whether stated or not in their rules; every place is a little different, but that is common practice).

Old 01-14-2019, 03:00 AM   #24
Pasodama
Even if the snake were shipped back, Lisa, in her reply, has already created a loophole, for herself, by stating that "bad remarks" (IOW complaints) must also be removed in order to issue a full refund.

BOI posts cannot be removed, by the OP, and owner/moderators will not, with extremely rare exception (and only in the case of rule breaking such as, for example, in the topic line), remove BOI posts. That means, this BOI thread is here to stay ... even if OP asks that it be removed.

Seller screwed up and should just make a full refund without making certain demands to, basically, bury away their mistake as though it never happened.

If a seller makes a mistake, and immediately (within reason) rectifies it or compensates for it, their good reputation will remain intact. Anything other than that, the seller digs themselves their own hole in not looking too good.

~~~~

Old 01-14-2019, 03:12 AM   #25
Pasodama
In my last post, where I state "if a seller makes a mistake", I should have stated "an obvious &/or proven mistake".

~~~~

Old 01-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidfern View Post
Well, I guess there is no resolution for me here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidfern View Post

Before I was told the snake shipped, I emailed Superior Balls and Dragons/I Heart Reptiles to try to cancel the transaction as it is not safe to bring any new additions into my home at the moment. Unfortunately they had already shipped her.
If I was a vendor I would have second thoughts about getting this snake back too although I am sure you are careful with your quarantine practices.
However, if you do ship it back and they do not refund, you can always open a PayPal dispute. You will not get the Venmo deposit back but the Paypal payment accounted for most of your money.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #27
Ed Clark
Chelsey you are making this harder than it has to be.

It is common practice to return what you bought and are unsatisfied with in order to receive a refund,the seller has told you they will refund you...so it's your part to return the snake.

Hope this works out for you.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #28
mcarson
OUR RESOLUTION

There has been good reason for no response on our part, we have been out of the country on a cruise ship with no internet access.

I am here to say that I have offered a full refund to Chelsey upon return of the snake as we value our reputation in the reptile industry. However I will stand my by my claim that I did not see any defects with this snake when I packed it. Had I noticed any problems with her I would NOT have shipped her and would have notified the buyer immediately. With this said I packed and shipped 3 snakes that day, had a lot on my mind since we were going away in 2 days, and may have just not noticed, or it may have been not as swollen and gone unnoticed and the problem escalated during shipping, high altitudes can have negative effects on things. Again I would never have shipped her had I noticed it, we are not in business to ship defective animals.

As for dealing with Chelsey, she notified me at 6:00pm on the night that I had already shipped the animal stating that she no longer wanted the snake due to her colony being infected with Crypto. She notified me via Morphmarket email, which I had not checked until the next day on Thursday 1/3/19. When I shipped the snake on 1/2/19 I sent her a text picture of the shipping label as well as Fedex notifications to her email for all steps of the delivery process, I dropped off at Fedex at 1:09 pm. Chelsey had my cell phone number this whole time and never bothered to contact me on it so that we could discuss the issue immediately. I had told her I would be shipping on the 2nd or 3rd because I was leaving town, she never objected to this.

On Thursday afternoon she again emails me on Morphmarket advising me of the tail issue and said she would like to send it back. I advised her I was unaware of any tail issue and only if she could send it back that day I would be home to receive it. She did not respond back to me until 8pm at night stating she would like to return when we get back. Now she has told me she has Crypto in her colony and there is no way I am allowing a snake to be in her possession for over a week to be retuned to me that could have possible exposure to Crypto, and I am not willing to give a $350 discount on a $500 snake (she asked for a discount to keep it). Once again, had she called me or contacted me much earlier on my cell I would never have shipped the snake in the first place.

Now that we are back from our cruise, I have bantered back and forth with Chelsey about this issue as she has provided me with proof that her Crypto tests have come back negative. I have offered her a full refund upon return of the snake and removal of negative remarks from all websites as our reputation is not worth this issue. Her last email to me was that she is not willing to return the snake without the refund first, which I have told her I was not willing to do.

As many of you may have experienced there are scammers and people who do not keep their word in this business. It is my reputation on the line here not hers, so I am not willing to lose my reputation, my money, and my snake. If she does not agree to sending back the snake first I am not going to deal with this situation any longer as I feel like on my end the damage has already been done. We have only ever had good trader ratings with our customers and will continue to as we move past this isolated incident, that I have tried to resolve admirably.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #29
mcarson
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO NOTE THAT CHELSEY HAD ALREADY MADE A PAYPAL DISPUTE LAST WEEK WHILE WE WERE GONE.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #30
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarson View Post
I have offered her a full refund upon return of the snake and removal of negative remarks from all websites as our reputation is not worth this issue.
Do you understand that your buyer is unable to remove this thread? BOI threads are not ordinarily removed and the OP cannot do so. The remarks made and how each party has responded is valuable information which imho should not be removed anyway.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!